Buell Footpeg Question

Buell pegs do not fit the Hayabusa out of the box. They need to be modified and a bushing used in order to get them to fit. Buell sells the pegs for somewhere around $35 if I remember correctly. What you pay for with the GSX1300-R set is the time he spends modifying them to be a straight bolt on item for you.

Got a kit from a member here that came with everything I didn't want to deal with finding the parts an modding the peg but if you run a search I think some has posted all the part #'s for this mod

Buell pegs do not fit the Hayabusa out of the box. They need to be modified and a bushing used in order to get them to fit. Buell sells the pegs for somewhere around $35 if I remember correctly. What you pay for with the GSX1300-R set is the time he spends modifying them to be a straight bolt on item for you.

My local Harley dealer has a couple of sets of buell footpegs # N0006.1AD, on a sale table, for I think $25.00, is that a good price? If anyone wants them I can try to grab them.

The assembled kit is well worth the money. I thought I'd save $50 and do it myself. You absolutely need the tubes to make the pegs fit on the stock steel pivot pins and you aren't very likely to find one the correct diameter (both ID and OD). I ended up buying aluminum round stock and turning them on my lathe. Then you have to make the pegs thinner to fit inside the fork on the frame. You can use a mill if you have one, a file, or a sander, but it's hard to do right. So in the end, this project took me a couple hours. I wasted a really great day to ride and saved $50.

If you buy the kit, you can install the pegs in 10 minutes tops, plus maybe another 15 minutes to cut the shaft on the brake master cylinder and adjust your brake pedal.

P.S. Don't forget to adjust your brake light switch when you are done. Speaking from experience. :laugh:

Last edited:
Gotta say, the set for sale on here is super easy to put on. I have a hard time turning the key on my bike :poke: and I had everything on/adjusted in under 20 minutes. To me, I'd rather spend the extra money on getting a sure-thing AND helping out an org member

Just a heads up on the Buell Pegs. As a guy who's toes point outward , when I did the Buell conversion I found that because the Buell pegs move the foot about 3/8'' outward I had trouble reliably catching the shifter. I like the pegs enough that I had a friend weld a 3/8 worth of round stock to the shifter and the brake.

Back