Buel trying to break out of his HarD shell.

I don't think Erik Buell will have a hard time breaking out of his HarD shell at all! He just needs to have models that compete with the Big 4 and he'll be set!

That is great! I am happy to see he is going to continue to get those bikes on the road.

The pics if anybody is interested:
EBR_1.jpg

EBR_2.jpg

EBR_3.jpg

I wish him well wishes, but I doubt he'll make it. In the Enviroment of the US, with more and more FEDERAL regulations :rulez: and his lack of dealership posibilities, I just doubt he can raise enough money $$$ to be in business more than a couple of years. He's in a nitch group (sports bikes) , so look at the other (Indian, etc.) with a much larger market. Hope he does, but I wouldn't invest at this time.

Buell has a very intense fanbase. He could easily offer dealership agreements to Polaris dealers or even some higher tier custom shops.

Buell has a very intense fanbase. He could easily offer dealership agreements to Polaris dealers or even some higher tier custom shops.

Very True, but putting a quick number to it, he will probably have to move at least 10,000 units per year in the $16,000 to $18,000 per unit price. With one model and overhead (plus return on investors $$$ - if he can get it , ) I just don't think there's a market here at this time. Wish there was, but I can't see it :beerchug:

Probably a raceday or weekend warrior market for the 1190 . Real world ergo's seem -- lacking-- ,but it's obviously being built for a different purpose.

Not impressed at all they should take another route then sport being it will take years to get anywhere vs the bikes of today.

Erik builds great bikes. They are more comfortable and handle awesome. If you have not riden the 1125R(2009 not 2008) then you have no idea what a fantastic bike this is. He will have more than 1 model and I do see him having a shot. Just my humble opinion. There is room for him and a market. doubters can stand back and watch.
And I do not see the $18K price tag either.
Go Erik Go. I stand behind the man and so do many others. But then again I am not shallow or closed minded like the Busa riders, BMW riders or the Harley riders. I appreciate and ride all motorcycles. :rulez:

id buy a american sport bike over an import any day just like a car...although i did buy this busa i will get an american bike soon...if you dont buy american dont expect to have a job in a few years :poke:

Guys, Jeoff May has been finishing pretty well here in recent races, (he finished 7th in the last AMA race I saw if I'm not mistaken)
So hopefully Buell's not too far off from realizing his dream of a well built mainstream American sport bike. I think he has some more engine work to do and hopefully they'll get a decently affordable bike out there in the next year or a little later. There's no need to rush it out the door.
I reserve my judgement on the product for when it comes out, but I can still root for the cause:thumbsup:
Let spread the love, we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain:beerchug:

Last edited:
Back