Budget gsxr 1k conversion. sort of

rubensbusa

Registered
I love the look of a stretched hayabusa and the stock hump, but on my stock wheelbase i always felt it looked to stubby and out of place especially with the hump, so ever since then I had always wanted to do a Gsxr 1k conversion on my 16' hayabusa and retain my stock wheelbase. I did not want to spend the 900 dollars for two machined plates of aluminum and also was not a fan of how high arched the tail ended up with that kit. I was able to find this guy making brackets out in vegas and was 1/3 the price of the other kit. With the money I saved I bought a complete gsxr tail in carbon fiber :banana:. Found an gsxr taillight harness for like 13 bucks on ebay , a gsxr tailight for 30 bucks, and a undertail that just needed some paint for like 15. If I hadn't splurged on the carbon fiber pieces I'm sure I could have stayed under the 5-600 dollar mark but I thought wtheck. I also didn't have to splice any wires so can go back to stock any day I please. With a little modding was able to use the stock 1000k battery tray. Also like to thank SSGT_B and SAMAKI as they were helpful on questions for modding the stock seat and bounce some ideas off them as well. I was too excited to ride that I didn't take pictures after I cut the seat foam.
1.jpg
2.jpg

I hear you guys, The hump has grown on me over the years but just needed a change. I have everything needed to go back to stock and after taking the subframe apart about 4 times for test fits, adjustments and painting it, im sure i can swap it in an half hour. Now i just have the option of switching back and forth as I please.

7CBE83E6-84BE-4BA2-80D9-82AD52E95F17.jpeg

Appreciate the kind words guys, I am a bit of a perfectionist at times and i feel the small details are what makes the bike/car. And agreed love me a humped busa with a stretch and a slam but i wasnt ready to lose my stock swingarm just yet.. heres a pic of the seat foam after cutting it and bending the pan, and of course the carbon fiber. I feel my whole tail fairings weigh together what my busa Hump
Weighed alone

Does this kit have provisions for mounting passenger pegs/exhaust brackets?
You can get 05-06 gsxr pegs that bolt on through the side and drill the subframe plates. But I dont want them. I rarely ride two up maybe only and rallys, and ill swap the busa tail on if so

Back