Buddy dropped the Busa

Fire95Z28

Registered
Well it happened now to me too. A friend of mine and I just got done putting the motor into my Dragbke and I was puttin the Busa away. I get it to the side of the garage and I start putting the old lady's Daytona 600 away, when my buddy says he is gonna move my bike. I say no don't worry about it. His dumbass tilts the bike from the non kickstand side loses balance and dumps it on my torpedo heater and into the toolbox.:mad:. So now I have about a 1 inch scratch on my fairing. Needless to say I ordered a new fairing and It cost him roughly about 599 bucks.

In case anyone is interested I do have the fairing on Ebay. I satrted the listing at 300. If it doesn't sell or if you are interested in it please PM me. The color of the bike is the 05 black and silver. The plastic is in perfect condition except for the scratch.

Sorry to hear that...that blows...bet your friend will listen next time though
biggrin.gif

Well the good news is he is paying and hopfully staying your buddy.

sorry bout the bike but where the hell you getting that fairing? I only paid 370. at ron ayers. Good luck getting 300 on ebay. Damaged I never seen them more than 180ish.

The dealer is where I went. Its fully painted and ready to bolt on. Thats my main concern. I don't wanna mess around tryin to put on decals. As far as damaged fairings. Honestly if it was me that had done it, I may not even replace it. Its a really small scratch.

... glad to read that he will pay the price , usually this does not happen
smile.gif

The dealer is where I went. Its fully painted and ready to bolt on. Thats my main concern. I don't wanna mess around tryin to put on decals. As far as damaged fairings. Honestly if it was me that had done it, I may not even replace it. Its a really small scratch.
You still could have saved him $250 by going through ronayers.com. A Suzuki panel is a Suzuki panel no matter which dealer it's bought from...prepainted and with decals is the only way they come. It pays to shop around.

Since he did the right thing and bought you a new panel, are you going to give him the old one to sell so he can recoupe some of the cost?

Sorry to hear about the drop. I don't let anyone touch my bike to move or ride it.

+1 $599 IS WAAAAAY too much to pay there are better deals out there. I just sold a scratched fright lower fairing and only got $120 shipped. If yours is scratched a little less than mine (and mine wasn't bad at all) then you might get lucky and get more. No way will it go for $300.

I didn't really shop around guys. I just called my local dealer and ordered it. I was so mad I just wanted it to be right as soon as possible. I hate havin a bike inside my garage that isn't right. Even though it is like 35 degrees out. Seeing as though I am not payin for it, I really could care less. I am auctioning the plastic to help my friend recoupe some of the cost. So I am tryin to help him.

As I said again I didn't know that you could get them that much cheaper then 599. I thought it was a good price. Oh well. If anyone is interested pm me. I will send them pics and then they can make me an offer. Or i guess I could upload the pics on here.

Just get it repainted and save your buddy some money, #### happens and at least he's a good guy and paying for his mistake.

Repaint, hell, while you're at it, have everything clear coated, you'll thank me later.

Fact of life, your bike will get scratchs, it used to bug me to no end if it had a scratch, still kinda does but not like it used to.

Back