Buddy crashed this afternoon.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Not a very good day riding today, a buddy went down. We were coming off an exit ramp, decreasing radius. I was the 1st bike, another guy was behind me and the guy who crashed was third. This is his first season on a bike and just got his license last week. He just came into it a bit fast, not by much,, not realizing it was decreasing. I feel more leaning and throttle would have saved him, but I wasn't in his boots. He jumped the curb and went right into a sign which kept him from going into traffic.

The 2nd riders passenger saw him in the the mirror and told us he fell. We turned around and when we got to him he was sitting up with his helmet off, few bumps and bruises but otherwise okay.
The bike isnt as bad as you'd expect, looks like a new nose, both sides, hesdlight, intake tune, fairings stay and it should be good.

We tossed into the back of a suburban and away we went, the cops didn't want to let one of us ride it the few blocks to a friends.

If anyone has any of the those for an 03-04 gixxer1000 please post up a price or PM. We've begun gathering parts already to get it mended. The other guy with us can paint, do it'll a nice custom look when she's fixed.

ForumRunner_20130622_160335.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160427.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160505.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160612.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160641.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160335.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160427.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160612.png

ForumRunner_20130622_160641.png

That blows Rooster. What a shiddy day.

Glad he's not mangled up like his Gixxer is.

A mistake like that can happen to anybody,but rookies especially seem to get eaten up in the off camber stuff.:banghead:

Best wishes to him for a speedy mend,body and body parts.

RSD.

The sign was facing the other way before he hit with his face, the helmet definitely saved him.

Make sure all riders who want to look cute with their oakleys and backwards baseball caps take note on how a helmet saved another life :whistle:

Make sure all riders who want to look cute with their oakleys and backwards baseball caps take note on how a helmet saved another life :whistle:

No doubt, the line running up the visor and on the top of the helmet is from the sign post.

ForumRunner_20130622_180211.png

ForumRunner_20130622_180211.png

I would be one of those rider's being that I hate the heat that accumulates inside my helmet during a 90-95 degree weather day. After seeing that picture of the helmet above :omg:, I think I have some prioritizing to do :idea:.

Glad he was geared up and OK. Bike will fix. My helmet saved my hide when a deer ran out in front of me at 70 mph, and I low sided into a pole face first.

IMG00290.jpg

that's always a bad way to end a ride but glad he walked away from it and is already getting back on :beerchug:

Exit one sport bike... Enter one Street Fighter. :thumbsup:

That helmet looks nasty Hal. Dont think I ever saw that pic.

RSD.

Sorry to hear about you friend, glad he had a lid on.. I have a nice left lower, has a scratch at bottom just thru paint so we replaced it..no other damage, all tabs intact and comes with black backer panel..

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Glad he was OK, it could have been much worse. I lost a friend from work many years ago on his hayabusa, he also had a run in with a sign but didn't walk away.

Back