BT-016 vs Pilot Power

FormulaZR

Registered
Ok, so I know there are thousands of tire threads out there...what I'm really looking for here is feedback from people who have tried both tires. I am considering either Pilot Power/Power 2CT's or BT-016's. If anyone has run both, let me know what you think. I currently have Pilot Powers, and really have nothing bad to say about them...but of course I'd always like something better!

Thanks

Both are good tires...I would go with the 016.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wait for Tufbusa to chime in...he will bash the Pilot Powers...so I guess that would be two votes for the 16's. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

BA BUSA...is there a noticeable difference between the Power and the 016? I ask because I live in West Texas with very few corners...and my front tire is nearly new. So, I could either replace a rear PP...or put two 016's on my bike. Chances are if I have to look for the difference between the tires I will never notice...I just don't corner enough. However, I am sick of my tires not being round. Every Power on the rear has always been flat in the middle.

If you don't do twisties much I wouldn't use either one of those tires. I'm on the road right now...rode about 2k miles since Thursday.

I'm running the Avon Storms right now and they will outlast the PP's or the 16's. They won't stick as well as the other two, but I pushed them hard this weekend in AZ, and I was VERY impressed with there performance.

Searh the board for a thread titled "Arizona Riders"...you'll see some vids of the roads that we did. Also there are some recent threads talking about the Avon Storms.
Posted via Mobile Device

I pushed them hard this weekend in AZ, and I was VERY impressed with there performance.

Posted via Mobile Device
I have seen him ride, do not try this at home.. but my guess is they will handle anything you can throw at them :) (any faster, he needs a closed course)

I do quite a bit of 1/4 mile runs, rather than twisties. Is there a better tire than these two for road and drag use? Long life isn't exceptionally important.

I haven't used any of the Shinko tires, but they seemed to be the prefered 1/4 mile tire and they do make some tires some tires for the twisties.

The Avon's probably would not be a good choice for the 1/4 because they use a harder compound.

Last edited:
Either tire will out perform your riding ability, street tires nowadays are good enough for closed course racing.

Back