BT-014 a "low profile" tire?

jay21112

Registered
Ok, so I was searching the usual performance sites and came across something new and interesting at schnitzracing.com.

In their Hayabusa section they list the Bridgestone BT-014 and the Dunlop D208ZR front tires (120/60/17) as "very low profile tires."

They claim these tires lower the bike 1/2 inch in the front.

Now I've never heard this before and I did a short search on here to see if anyone has mentioned this, but I came up with nada.

So...anyone know this? Anyone running these that can attest to the lowered height?

Link:

Don't know about the "low profile" part, but the 636 came with BT-014 tires and they've turned out to be pretty good tires. I was set to swap them out for a set of Powers as soon as I bought the bike, but after a little riding on them I liked them enough to keep them. That says a lot for me because the only other tire I've really liked at all was Pilot Powers.

Well, maybe they have a more rounded profile than the stockers. They may in fact be a bit shorter. I know the Pilot Powers I put on my Busa and 10R seemed to at least be taller in the rear going by seat height/feel. I haven't compared the BT-014 side by side to a Power but the BT's do seem to be a bit rounder while the Powers are a bit more angular. Maybe that's where the height difference comes from. Never seen it marketed that way though.
biggrin.gif

Well if you click on the link in the first post you'll see a pic that seems to be comparing 2 tires. One seems rounder and one seems flatter. I'm guessing the BT-014 is the flatter one, and that's why it's lower?

Now does that effect handling? Would these be better for drag, but worse for cornering....since the tire is flatter?

Well if you click on the link in the first post you'll see a pic that seems to be comparing 2 tires. One seems rounder and one seems flatter. I'm guessing the BT-014 is the flatter one, and that's why it's lower?

Now does that effect handling? Would these be better for drag, but worse for cornering....since the tire is flatter?
Yup.

I replaced the stock tires with BT-014's and noticed no difference in height.

I DID notice that the bike tips into corners lots easier....

Back