bt-003s vs. bt-016 hypersport

snipe

Registered
just finished my bt-003s' great all around tire and could drag knee with no hesitation, although the center went out quick, thinking about the 016's but not sure if the cornering ability will still be there, and if center holds out better. any one try both?

The 003 is a terrific tire and if you don't mind replacing them often they are indeed a great tire for the agressive corner carver.

However, if you are a street rider the BTO16 is a better choice if you want at nice cornering tire with a longer life. I have run both and I must say the 16 is no slouch. I can make a 16 hang with many who run race tires.

My favorite street tire by far is the Dunlop Q2. This tire is so close in performance to a race tire that it almost takes a professional racer to tell the difference.

Have done a couple of track days on BT-016s, no grip issues that I've found. Dragging peg feelers on a hot day, no slides or bad feelings. 003s are probably a better track tire (not tried them yet), but I'd say the 016s would probably hold up a little better for street usage (center wear).

I have the 003's on my TLR now, first time user.
I knew they were a soft compound race type tyre but ... I've done 500klm's on them now and the edges are seriously on the way out, I'm pretty shocked at the short life span on the edges. I am going back to the 016's !

29092010219.jpg

Back