Bst Carbon Fiber Wheels For Gen Ii

Another tip for when you get your BST's don't bother messing around with those black sticky wheel weights to balance your rims.

Use a couple tubes Ride On tire sealant/balancer. The Ducati shop manager actually recommended it vs the sticky weights. I now run it in ALL my bikes

Ride-On-Tire-Sealant.jpg

Another tip for when you get your BST's don't bother messing around with those black sticky wheel weights to balance your rims.

Use a couple tubes Ride On tire sealant/balancer. The Ducati shop manager actually recommended it vs the sticky weights. I now run it in ALL my bikes

View attachment 1570331
I was already stressed about the weights. I'll read up on this as well. Many thanks.

When I first rode mine with BST's I had to relearn slow turns. I kept turning too quickly. The bike also tracks more loosly now when at speed. It feels like a 600 when you flick it side to side...crazy.

When I first rode mine with BST's I had to relearn slow turns. I kept turning too quickly. The bike also tracks more loosly now when at speed. It feels like a 600 when you flick it side to side...crazy.
I'm sure it will be a learning curb. Hope I'm not bothered by it as I still have my Gen 1. The guys at BST said it would feel like a GSXR 1000. That I will enjoy. Thanks.

My B-King with the BST's is more flickable than my `09CBR1kRR. I didn't say it would out corner it but it will change directions faster. The only bad thing with running the BST's is that the bike is more susceptible to crosswinds, ie changes directions easier, it's both good and bad.

My B-King with the BST's is more flickable than my `09CBR1kRR. I didn't say it would out corner it but it will change directions faster. The only bad thing with running the BST's is that the bike is more susceptible to crosswinds, ie changes directions easier, it's both good and bad.
That's good info. I'm a fair weather rider and although we have winds in Colorado I don't normally get caught in it. I'm looking forward to this and will wait another two weeks to order my Michelin EVO's and give them a try. Its funny, I'm 56 years old but still just get like a kid again over the Busa. Ha

Congrats :beerchug:

They definitely have a WoW factor to them..... I remember seeing them and holding them in my hands and thinking WoW! And the 1st time I seen them on my busa with the sun glistening off that carbon fiber I knew it was $$$ well spent!

Congrats :beerchug:

They definitely have a WoW factor to them..... I remember seeing them and holding them in my hands and thinking WoW! And the 1st time I seen them on my busa with the sun glistening off that carbon fiber I knew it was $$$ well spent!

I wanted a set for my gen2 for a long time, and almost bought them. Then I read a couple posts on various site, claiming them to be extremely strong, yet brittle.
That a pothole could potentially break them.
Turns out there were a couple cases of damaged wheels too.
It seemed rare, but made me gun shy, given the 4k price.
I've never heard you complain. What's your real world take on that as a long term owner of them?
Another gsxr1k is still in my future, and the looks and weight of the BSTs is awesome.
So I'm still iffy.
What about that tire balancing stuff too?
That's not like dynabeads is it?
And I'm not knocking them either, I'de just like an opinion that I'de trust.
Thanks

I wanted a set for my gen2 for a long time, and almost bought them. Then I read a couple posts on various site, claiming them to be extremely strong, yet brittle.
I've never heard you complain. What's your real world take on that as a long term owner of them?
Another gsxr1k is still in my future, and the looks and weight of the BSTs is awesome.
So I'm still iffy.
Thanks

Ok 1st let me address the Ride On tire sealant/ balancer vs the Dyna Beads. Ride On is nothing like Dyna Beads. That Dyna bead stuff is crap in my opinion..... It's some sort of powder mess crap that only balances the tire and is a mess to clean up when changing a tire. Ride on will balance your tire and is a liquid so it eventually settles on the inside of your tire and is not on your rims whatsoever. 2nd it is also a tire sealant, meaning you could catch a nail or screw in your tire and it will immediately seal and prevent your tire from going flat which will save your ass but also your rim which was my main reason for running this stuff with my BST rims. Less than $15 a tube so I looked @ it as cheap insurance 4 my BST rims. Liked that stuff so much I now run it in my Harley too. Simple and easy to install and there's several YouTube videos on the product.

Now the BST's...... Im also a member on PsychoBike which 4 a while was the leading forum on all things concerning Drag Racing, Performance, and Busas. The guy who made the R1 conversion axle kits was a prominent member on there.

With that being said there was a couple threads and some chatter about some BST's breaking. From what I've read and been told there was a bad batch of rims but they had an older date stamp on them. Every BST rim has a manufacturer date on them. I'm not sure the date or time frame on the bad batch but it was middle 2000's if I'm not mistaken. Besides that I've never heard of any issues with the rims aside from that. Theres a video somewhere where the BST guys ride across Europe or Canada something like that where they rode in all conditions and racked up a couple thousand hard miles with no problems.

I don't regret buying my BST rims and if i did another performance build I would probably get another set if I could afford to do so.

So I'm still iffy.
Thanks
I have already for the past few days looked at the vids on Ride On and it seems to be a good product and yes, once spun stays on mostly center portion of your tires. It's still an old school thing for me as not wanting to try new messy stuff but like Busa1 said... insurance from maybe getting a flat on this expensive wheels so yes, it's worth a try. Since he just posted above about the Beads I'm not even going to go look as I trust you guys on here. I as well read the thread about the bad batch of wheels days and days ago and figure we are good to go on these new dated wheels. Seen lots of folks testing these and running on the tracks with high HP and no issues. It is what it is and I think that is a solid/beautiful wheel and ready for some rubber! I visited the dealer yesterday and told the owner what I had coming and showed him photo's of the BLUSA! He loved it. He took me around back and showed me their machine and it didn't say NOMAR on it but was the same machine in every way. Introduced me to the Service Manager and his number 1 wheel/tire guy. Said they would not put a mark on them. Showed me a beautiful set of wheels he just mounted and was custom powder coated in Red and not one mark as I looked at em front and back. He even took me to the parts counter and introduced me to the lead guy and beat REVZILLA on the Michelin Super Sport EVO's price. So, I've got to see if I can maybe do the tires myself with ZIP Ties and then I'll just need to put em on and put in the appropriate amount of Ride On and roll. That is my plan. I hope if by chance I ever bust a wheel or damage one from my normal to spirited riding and pot hole or what ever, BST will make it right. I'm crazy about the wheels and they are good to go as far as I am concerned.

Hope this entire thread was good for anyone else that is considering. Ger er done SIXPACK577. I don't think you could be anything but blown away by them. I seen a guy on the web picking these things up and dropping them on pavement/concrete over and over and didn't hurt them or that was the claim. I'm totally alright with these BST's. I'll get tires soon and put em on and get some pictures on this thread. Thanks to everyone. It was great talking with Johnny Cheese last week as well about a tune but at this altitude it would not do much good to tune it in Texas and bring it here at 6700 ft elevation. Johnny suggested the Michelin EVO and I'm going for it. It will be my first set of Michelins I have ever bought for anything.

Congrats they look awesome Skywalker would you be kind enough when you are ready to post some pictures of them on the bike and rider impressions of them :thumbsup:

Congrats they look awesome Skywalker would you be kind enough when you are ready to post some pictures of them on the bike and rider impressions of them :thumbsup:
Thanks and you bet I will. You know, it's winter here in Colorado. Only supposed to get up to 5 tomorrow. It may be a little bit before I ride enough for an impression.

I'm sold and without a doubt will go this route. I'll order some on Amazon tonight and be ready to go when I get my tires.

I have already for the past few days looked at the vids on Ride On and it seems to be a good product and yes, once spun stays on mostly center portion of your tires. It's still an old school thing for me as not wanting to try new messy stuff but like Busa1 said... insurance from maybe getting a flat on this expensive wheels so yes, it's worth a try. Since he just posted above about the Beads I'm not even going to go look as I trust you guys on here. I as well read the thread about the bad batch of wheels days and days ago and figure we are good to go on these new dated wheels. Seen lots of folks testing these and running on the tracks with high HP and no issues. It is what it is and I think that is a solid/beautiful wheel and ready for some rubber! I visited the dealer yesterday and told the owner what I had coming and showed him photo's of the BLUSA! He loved it. He took me around back and showed me their machine and it didn't say NOMAR on it but was the same machine in every way. Introduced me to the Service Manager and his number 1 wheel/tire guy. Said they would not put a mark on them. Showed me a beautiful set of wheels he just mounted and was custom powder coated in Red and not one mark as I looked at em front and back. He even took me to the parts counter and introduced me to the lead guy and beat REVZILLA on the Michelin Super Sport EVO's price. So, I've got to see if I can maybe do the tires myself with ZIP Ties and then I'll just need to put em on and put in the appropriate amount of Ride On and roll. That is my plan. I hope if by chance I ever bust a wheel or damage one from my normal to spirited riding and pot hole or what ever, BST will make it right. I'm crazy about the wheels and they are good to go as far as I am concerned.

Hope this entire thread was good for anyone else that is considering. Ger er done SIXPACK577. I don't think you could be anything but blown away by them. I seen a guy on the web picking these things up and dropping them on pavement/concrete over and over and didn't hurt them or that was the claim. I'm totally alright with these BST's. I'll get tires soon and put em on and get some pictures on this thread. Thanks to everyone. It was great talking with Johnny Cheese last week as well about a tune but at this altitude it would not do much good to tune it in Texas and bring it here at 6700 ft elevation. Johnny suggested the Michelin EVO and I'm going for it. It will be my first set of Michelins I have ever bought for anything.

Awesome wheels bro,congrats!Also,you'll love the Michelins,all I've run since 2008(Power Ones back then,Power Supersports now[on my 2nd set],and Power Supersport Evos on my next change).Have been getting around 5,000 miles per set and and stick like glue.:thumbsup:

Awesome wheels bro,congrats!Also,you'll love the Michelins,all I've run since 2008(Power Ones back then,Power Supersports now[on my 2nd set],and Power Supersport Evos on my next change).Have been getting around 5,000 miles per set and and stick like glue.:thumbsup:
Thanks man. I just wish it was spring already! I'm sure these tires will be killer.

Back