Broke my gascap... any ideas?

rashad

Registered
Hey guys, I broke the surround that goes around the gascap (the part that has the allen screws in it) when I switched it from one tank to another.

I was tightening the bolts in sequence and somehow it just snapped. I must not have been paying attention..it was kinda wierd actually. Anyways, Is that surround piece removable or would I have to get a whole new lock setup?

I also thought of getting the key-less style gas caps, but I worry about people messing with my gas tank. Any help is appreciated.

Should be able to buy a used cap assembly on cheap and replace the ring or put your lock in it.

Did you put a long bolt in the wrong spot and it push on the tank?
Posted via Mobile Device

its just a trim ring for looks and by the way only 3 of those bolts actually thread into anything as far as the tank goes

Swap it out with a OEM replacement like one offered above, or go to one like I have.

Can buy one here:
Buy Now: Suzuki Hayabusa Parts & Accessories, Modify Suzuki Busa | Pashnit Moto

Img_3688_900.jpg

I also sent one of the See-Thru RIS Designs Gas Caps out the other day. That was pretty cool.

SUZ-FCR-3CC.jpg

SUZ-FCR-3CC.jpg

Img_3688_900.jpg

Get one of those carbon fiber decal cover's for it:whistle: Like mentioned before, you can get a stock one here and swap out your key cyl. I got one on e-bay and when I was opening the package I dropped it and it broke when it hit the floor. I was stuck with two broken gas cap's.

DOH! So there WAS different sized bolts! Thats what you get for swapping all your body work in one day... You lose focus after a few hours with no break (seriously my gf was getting impatient!)

Thanks for all the help guys, I havent been on in awhile and actually posted. I guess when the bike went into storage I stopped coming here out of sheer depression.:laugh:

I think I will take mike04's advice and get a cover.. Now that I know why its protruding weirdly like it is.. I can get it lay flat and use that sticker to cover it.

DOH! So there WAS different sized bolts! Thats what you get for swapping all your body work in one day... You lose focus after a few hours with no break (seriously my gf was getting impatient!)

Thanks for all the help guys, I havent been on in awhile and actually posted. I guess when the bike went into storage I stopped coming here out of sheer depression.:laugh:

I think I will take mike04's advice and get a cover.. Now that I know why its protruding weirdly like it is.. I can get it lay flat and use that sticker to cover it.

Ill look in the am, i might have a spare outer ring that you can have!

Pashnit, those are some nice lookin gas caps you have. Tax season is here and the pics have got me thinking. :thumbsup:

Back