Broke Down!!!!

burnschevy

Player
Donating Member
Registered
Well this will be my first rant, I was out riding today in the nice 40deg weather for about an hour, stop to get gas and low and behold went to start it back up and dead battery, 827 miles, dang already? Had to call the girlfriend to bring the jump box to get it started again, after waiting on her for 45 min, jumped it off, started right up. Rode for about 40 min longer (tried to blow it up) then came home (alittle cold)(and mad). I turned it off, figuring that it wouldnt start but it fire right up. What the heck?
rock.gif
Just got off the phone with the dealership and told them about my fun, made an appointment for tuesday. Anyway is this going to be a problem or maybe i just got a bad battery? I still havent figured out how to tie it down on my trailer yet, Heard Cayons mess up the grips, anybody got any ideas? Thank for lending a ear!!!!
rant.gif

012707_17331.jpg

Same thing happened to me, Bad battery which zuki dont cover just go get a new battery and battery tender charger. It happened every so often with my bike next time it dont start just pick up battery shake it and bike will start like it has a loose plate? I went with a 14 something sits a litter higher but has more cranking amps.
Good luck!

Don't be offended; it may be the battery. Are you sure that one of the many interlocks on the bike didn't have you locked out. Usually CHECK appears in the upper window when this occurs. It's happened to me a few times.

DSC00379__Small_.JPG

(dadofthree @ Feb. 03 2007,16:21) Don't be offended; it may be the battery. Are you sure thaat one of the many interlocks on the bike didn't have you locked out. Usually CHECK appears in the upper window when this occurs. It's happened to me a few times.
Yeah I am very sure, I sat there for awhile thinking hmmmmm, that didnt help either. lol The dealer should replace it, when I bought it they had to let it change for like 2 hours before i finally made them jump it off. Just wierd that i havent had any problems with the battery, stop to get gas wont start, jump it off get home and it starts fine. Who knows?

012707_17331.jpg

same thing happened to me (last week)
my battery tests fine as does the alt, but I think the combination of the alarm plus it sitting plus short trips just drains the battery down. Chances are the dealer will recommend you pay for a new battery
I would buy (or build) a battery tender and see if that helps

also, since day one on my bike it has a weird intermittent hot start problem where it cranks slowly and really sucks the juice -- I have yet to figure this one out -- and you better believe it'll never happen with test equipment on it

(xzvs @ Feb. 03 2007,18:37) same thing happened to me (last week)
my battery tests fine as does the alt, but I think the combination of the alarm plus it sitting plus short trips just drains the battery down. Chances are the dealer will recommend you pay for a new battery
I would buy (or build) a battery tender and see if that helps

also, since day one on my bike it has a weird intermittent hot start problem where it cranks slowly and really sucks the juice -- I have yet to figure this one out -- and you better believe it'll never happen with test equipment on it
Change your battery see if that fixes your hot start problem, mine would not start when hot unless I took battery out and shook it then all was well and this didnt happen all the time!

Stock batteries are weak. I use a high output battery from schnitz racing. 235cold cranking amps.

Remember you can pop the clutch in 2nd gear to get her fired up. It isn't easy, but beats waiting hours...

As for tying it down. I use T-bars that slide into the triple tree. When I get home, I'll post up a link to their website. Absolutely no fairing rub.

Has anyone using canyon's ever started it up on the trailer to take it off not knowing the throttle was pinned and got a wake up call happened to me I went retarded for a second until I thought to hit the kill switch that bites.

My '05's battery went dead after a few months; dealership covered it under warranty. Since I'm not sure when I'm going to ride again, I disconnect it after every ride--takes about 5 minutes, and the battery's always fresh.

+1 on disconnecting the battery, I have said this before and will say it again it is old school but the next time the bike won't start due to the battery being low or dead try roll starting it, nothing to it!! Start rollin her down the road in first gear with the clutch pulled in jump onto the seat and let out the clutch and boom she will come to life! Much easier than having to wait for a jump box, and if you have a hard time pushing it yourself find someone from the station to push the back of the bike for ya!! Nothin to it!!
lurk.gif

Well went by the dealership today and bought a trickle charger with a quick disconect, (pretty bad have to by a charger for a brand new motorcycle)and canyon dancers, and ordered a Mr front wheel chock, so i hope i got part of my problem solved as far as the towing part goes, had to change the busa's appointment til thursday after the wheel chock comes in. I did  start it up again today and it fired right up, rode for about 20 mins came home cut it off and started it right back up. This one really has me stumped, but i quess I will let the dealer figure it out... Thanks again for all the help...
biggrin.gif

0000000000.jpg

Back