Brocks Ultra-Light Clutch Mod

Leatherneck

Registered
So it's in my wishlist/shopping cart... I know all the Pro's of it but what are (or are there any?) of the Cons/downsides to using one?

Thanks in advance ;)

I have none just have to be aware that its gone and you are directly connected when hard downshifting and hitting the throttle in the corners:beerchug:

I have it and used it on a road course. I blip the throttle still with or without one but I'd rather have the stock torque limiter in there as the downshifts seem a little better than with the Brocks mod. I didn't notice twitchyness with it but then again mine is twitchy with the R1 throttle mod and +6 rear sprocket in the rear.

Other than the grabbyness in drag launches, I felt the stock setup was fine and didn't really notice any ET or MPH gains with the Brocks setup. Just my $200 worth of opinion.

I am pulling mine out this week. Anybody want to buy it? $100 shipped.

I am eventually putting my lockup in once the Turbo is installed.

Not really I have not had a single problem and its not just for drag racing but it does make the launch way smooth

does the low rpm knocking/chatter go away with this mod? that seems to be a typical issue with gen 1 busas

does the low rpm knocking/chatter go away with this mod? that seems to be a typical issue with gen 1 busas

Yep. Unless your clutch steels are scored it will be way smoother. The mod makes it like having a regular clutch like a ton bikes out there. I would sand the steels or replace them when doing this mod cause if you have been trying to drag the bike with the stock setup, the steels are going to be beat to hell.

Back