brocks sidewinder????

crawlinbusa1320

Registered
well i ordered an alien head system (its backordered)but i mostly drag race and was curious how is the clearance on the street with the sidewinder? the bike has lowering links slammed all the way and about an inch up front lowered, so is it going to be horrible to turn with a sidewinder ?also hp wise whats difference between the alien head and a sidewinder? is it worth the driveablity for the power

As an owner of Brocks product, I would e-mail him directly. The man is a wealth of knowledge and I am sure he will steer you right.

As an owner of Brocks product, I would e-mail him directly. The man is a wealth of knowledge and I am sure he will steer you right.
+1 ask the commander n chief about his products. I would say if you plan on street ridding as well as some drag go with the alien head.
2cents.gif

Can't make right hand turns with a sidewinder, especially if you are lowered.
Bad choice for a street ride.
You'll probably only see 5 hp difference.

Reactions: pcs
Get the brock street meg, same setup as a sidewinder but routed as a normal exhaust

removal baffle too
biggrin.gif
:D

• Haha
Reactions: pcs
+1 on not being able to turn with the sidewinder. I mean, you can use them on the street but you gotta watch how much you lean to the right. If you want a sidewinder let me know. I sell them new.

+1 on not being able to turn with the sidewinder. I mean, you can use them on the street but you gotta watch how much you lean to the right. If you want a sidewinder let me know. I sell them new.

do they require oil cooler removal? if yes, is it that OK for street long rides?

well i ordered an alien head system (its backordered)but i mostly drag race and was curious how is the clearance on the street with the sidewinder? the bike has lowering links slammed all the way and about an inch up front lowered, so is it going to be horrible to turn with a sidewinder ?also hp wise whats difference between the alien head and a sidewinder? is it worth the driveablity for the power

Yes, you will lose some right turn capability, but the horsepower gains are going to be worth it. Three of my friends here have them, and I am currently working with my wife to get a TiWinder :whistle:

If you're drag racing, it's the ONLY way to go!:beerchug:

Just Like Some on Here Say the Alien Head is Too Loud for a Street Bike :cookoo: ......... The Side Winder Works JUST FINE for a Street/Strip Bike! Of Course you will Not be able to Use the Bike to Rip up the Canyons.......BUT Thats Not what your Doing Anywayz, is it? I have had Both, Alien Head and Now the Side Winder. The side Winder is Awesome, Normal Street Cruising You will Never have an issue with it Hitting. I Picked up 4hp Just Switching Exhaust's and Tuning for it. :thumbsup: Don't Let Non-Drag Racer's influence Your Decision......in the End Your the One that will Have to be Happy with it.
Here's a Pic of Mine and it's Ridin DAILY!!! :beerchug:

2011-07-09_13-07-51_913.jpg

2011-07-09_13-06-58_444.jpg

Just Like Some on Here Say the Alien Head is Too Loud for a Street Bike :cookoo: ......... The Side Winder Works JUST FINE for a Street/Strip Bike! Of Course you will Not be able to Use the Bike to Rip up the Canyons.......BUT Thats Not what your Doing Anywayz, is it? I have had Both, Alien Head and Now the Side Winder. The side Winder is Awesome, Normal Street Cruising You will Never have an issue with it Hitting. I Picked up 4hp Just Switching Exhaust's and Tuning for it. :thumbsup: Don't Let Non-Drag Racer's influence Your Decision......in the End Your the One that will Have to be Happy with it.
Here's a Pic of Mine and it's Ridin DAILY!!! :beerchug:

Beautiful ride bro! Too bad we didn't get together for a race/ride while I lived in Fresno.

Beautiful ride bro! Too bad we didn't get together for a race/ride while I lived in Fresno.

Thanks Man! :beerchug: Ya Bro, We should Deff get together Sometime!! Do you ever Come down to Sacramento Raceway?
I know a Couple of Guys up your Way that Ride/Race ZX14's...... We might Know some of the Same Dudes? :thumbsup:

****EDIT**** Opps, Just Re-Read your Post, Missed the Part that you said you "Used" to live there! lol Sorry, Well if your ever in the area again Hit Me up Brugh?

do they require oil cooler removal? if yes, is it that OK for street long rides?

Thanks Man! :beerchug: Ya Bro, We should Deff get together Sometime!! Do you ever Come down to Sacramento Raceway?
I know a Couple of Guys up your Way that Ride/Race ZX14's...... We might Know some of the Same Dudes? :thumbsup:

****EDIT**** Opps, Just Re-Read your Post, Missed the Part that you said you "Used" to live there! lol Sorry, Well if your ever in the area again Hit Me up Brugh?

Would you mind answering kj217 question in regards to the oil cooler, TY

i have heard some of the guys still running there oil cooler on there bike with the sidewinder.. on my gen I i don't even run with the oil cooler and in this oklahoma heat bike still doesnt get hot at all

Will do! If you ever get down to San Diego hit me up. :beerchug:

Would you mind answering kj217 question in regards to the oil cooler, TY

Sure, On Mine I removed the Oil Cooler and By Passed it with Brock's Kit(But Like Mentioned above, I Believe some you do Not Have to Now?). I live in Nor Cal, Which in the Summer Months can Get Pretty Hot(100*+)and I Don't have any issue's with over Heating Problems(NEVER Gets over Half Way on the Temp Gauge). Granted I do Change Oil Regular though and Would advise Anyone that Drag Races/Hard on there Bike to do the Same.
Another Note, if your using ECU Editor you can Make the Cooling Fan(s) come on Earlier to aid with any Cooling issue's. :beerchug:

I would keep the oil cooler I M O. It's not as much there to cool the motor as it is to help stop thermal breakdown. I run oil coolers and means coolers on all my cars. And if your not dragin the factory put it there for a reason.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old thread but thought I’d try my luck. Got a penta carbon I’m swapping out for a tiwinder with race baffle on my stock motor gen 3. Seeing mixed reviews but people are saying you’ll actually lose power on a tiwinder unless you got a big motor or running nitrous, anybody got experience with this? Searched all over for some dyno numbers comparing Brock’s ct systems or penta carbon to the tiwinder on stock motors but couldn’t find anything. If anyone’s got some info or experience with this I would greatly appreciate it!

another advantage is you can get the bike lower for drag racing. you probably won’t see much of a power difference vs your current exhaust. are you only drag racing?

Back