Brocks sidewinder

busanewb

Registered
I have a 2015 hayabusa and Im looking into purchasing a sidewinder exhaust from brocks. My question is to see if there is any engine damage that could be caused from this pipe since I maybe drag race the bike once a month, but mainly daily it (around 200 miles a week).

I know that a lot will tell me this pipe is for drag racing applications and that it will be difficult for daily use due to scraping on the right side, but I mainly go straight (highway), and i absolutely love the looks of this pipe.

Also would yall recommend going ceramic coated or stainless polished? I like the polished look better, but I dont want to burn the fairings and since I will be running the oil cooler I dont want to over heat it as well.

Thanks in advance!

The exhaust won't cause engine damage as long as it is tuned correctly. You are correct, it will be a pain turning right, especially if the bike is lowered. I would choose whatever finish you like. You'll have to cut the fairings to fit the exhaust and even with minimal clearance it doesn't hurt the plastic. I don't know if the oil cooler will fit with a sidewinder.

We have sidewinders ( by Muzzy ) on two of our Drag bikes that are lowered the same as typical Hayabusa's and you will wear out the lower right corner of the meg from scraping the ground . What you think will clear wont with a small wave/dip in the road surface= touchdown of your pipe . Simply its not a street pipe .
It is your ride though . Do what you like , and learn your own lessons with building/modding the bike .
FYI most people running sidewinders are shooting for very fast times in the 1/4 mile . If your only going to go once a month practice with a stock bike , and learn to run in the 9's . Then increase over time . Riding a high HP bike is not as easy as some think on the track . Stock is a hand full for many .

alright i get that yall think its a bad pipe because of the clearance issues. i am aware of the clearance, but im no canyon carver, just highway. im mainly asking performance wise, will this over heat my oil cooler, or lack of back pressure be an issue?

I know he sells a kit that says necessary when running a TiWinder;

https://www.brocksperformance.com/Oil-Cooler-Line-Kit-for-TiWinder+I250750+C135.aspx

I'm pretty sure the whole "needing back pressure" thing is an old myth that's pretty much been put to rest.I do know you're after exhaust gases velocity and too big of a pipe may actually kill power(sidewinders seem to work best on built/bigger displacement motors).There are a lot of articles out there now explaining the back pressure thing,here's one that seems to put it into perspective;

The Exhaust Back Pressure Myth - Hyundai Genesis Forum

Back