Brock's sidewinder

kj217

Registered
I bought my 04 busa with Brock's 4-2-1 sidewinder full system,,
I actually hate it for the looks and the limited degree of leaning,,
I also heard that oil cooler has to be by passed in order to install this system,, is that right? does this harm the engine?
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't see anything on their site about bypassing the oil cooler. Never heard anyone mention it. Lean clearance and cutting the fairing is all I've ever heard. If you drop the right fairing you'll probably be able to tell.

BUMP

I didn't see anything on their site about bypassing the oil cooler. Never heard anyone mention it. Lean clearance and cutting the fairing is all I've ever heard. If you drop the right fairing you'll probably be able to tell.

BUMP
I contacted the previous owner and he told me that he had to remove the cooler,, can the engine survive this for street?
Posted via Mobile Device

Then he's a dip****. All you have to do is go to your local farm and fleet and get a couple fittings and some hose and re-route the lower cooler line.
Posted via Mobile Device

Most sidewinders require you to remover the oil cooler and use a oil cooler block-off or oil cooler bypass. Im not for sure if the Brocks's system requires you to loose your oil cooler. It wont hurt your bike to run it on the street without it. Many people have been doing it for years.

Or for like 4 bucks you could just keep it and do as I said
Posted via Mobile Device

Or you could just look at it and realize that the oil cooler wont fit with the winder in place. The line on the right side will hit the winder, and just isint worth keeping on at all if your looking to go the winder route. I've ran my 1k and my busa's without oil coolers for years with great success. My current 02 1397 bike doesent have one, I looped it to drop weight, get rid of extra heat in the motor, and gain clearence for working on it. If your not 100% sure a winder is whats right for you, dont do it. You will most likely regret it later. It's a drag thing, not so much for the street. Not to mention you usually have to run an oil filter relocator, unless you run a Tsukigi winder....

I have been running a Turbo busa without an oil cooler since 2007. Not only do I drag race it nearly every weekend I also ride it on the street on a regular basis.

Needless to say, running without an oil cooler is not a big deal.

I bought my 04 busa with Brock's 4-2-1 sidewinder full system,,
I actually hate it for the looks and the limited degree of leaning,,
I also heard that oil cooler has to be by passed in order to install this system,, is that right? does this harm the engine?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a brocks sidewinder and you just need to reroute the oil lines. Very simple process. In my opinion, the oil cooler was put there for a reason, sure you can get by without it but why would you?

Back