Brocks secondary throttle plate removal

Ikillbugsfast

Registered
Brocks secondary throttle plate removal Hp gain on the dyno bike is a 2012 ZX-14R but will this work the same for the 2011 busa

Last edited by a moderator:
I think guys have been pulling the flies since the bike came out in '08. It requires a proper tune. I know the only time I took mine out to the track it would come alive at the very end of the quarter. It was very noticeable. I'm guessing it was the secondaries opening up from this safety mode.

I've had them out, and with the stock tune.
The bike is more sluggish at lower rpm but stronger at higher rpm.
I eventually put them back.
Best thing is to adjust them in Ecu Editor, set them to the fastest efficient opening rate, copy/paste.
Give them 100% stp fueling in every cell in every gear too.

I've had them out, and with the stock tune.
The bike is more sluggish at lower rpm but stronger at higher rpm.
I eventually put them back.
Best thing is to adjust them in Ecu Editor, set them to the fastest efficient opening rate, copy/paste.
Give them 100% stp fueling in every cell in every gear too.

Any link or tutorial on this? I have the logbox and I have been autotuning but I have not worked with the STP settings yet.

just updated my buddies bike. Basically took the stock values and moved them so the bike first sees the 94 open at 4400 rpm. Raced my buddies bike low rpm 2nd gear pulls last night. My bike had won all the times before when we would do races. I've never seen his bike pull away from me so fast. Haven't had a chance to wind out the gears but the initial response is awesome!

STP settings are in other maps. Find the STP opening. Copy the numbers from gear 1,4,5 or 6 and paste in 2 & 3. Then find the STP fuel table and then copy gear 1 to 2 & 3. Really easy. Youll see in 2nd gear the STP wouldnt open fully until 8400rpm in 2nd before the changes.

just updated my buddies bike. Basically took the stock values and moved them so the bike first sees the 94 open at 4400 rpm. Raced my buddies bike low rpm 2nd gear pulls last night. My bike had won all the times before when we would do races. I've never seen his bike pull away from me so fast. Haven't had a chance to wind out the gears but the initial response is awesome!

STP settings are in other maps. Find the STP opening. Copy the numbers from gear 1,4,5 or 6 and paste in 2 & 3. Then find the STP fuel table and then copy gear 1 to 2 & 3. Really easy. Youll see in 2nd gear the STP wouldnt open fully until 8400rpm in 2nd before the changes.

The stp fuel should be set to 100% in every cell and every gear.

Johnny could you provide any insight?
If you set them at 100 in every cell it is the same as taking them out
And losing what you will gain a peak if you removed them. Tune them and you will be amazed at where you gain. I will give up 2 peak and gain some where else.

Johnny just talking the STP fuel not the STP opening. Fuel should be 100% in every cell but the opening shouldn't be at 94 in every cell. That i would agree would be like removing the STP.

Smith set them that way for me.
I know both of you know what you're doing, so please explain.

Six, I believe johnny was talking stp opening as he mentions setting to 100 would be like taking them out. Only the opening table set at 100 (94 really) would be like removing them.

In A mode, when I'm on the throttle hard, I'm noticing a bit of a surge in power after the engine winds up a bit. This is not only in first gear but in second and maybe third. I am not sure if I notice this sensation in 4-6. With the drive mode selector set in A mode, I thought the flies would only effect 1st gear ...or perhaps not restrict power at all in any gear. Are the secondaries programmed to work in all gears and in all drive modes?

Lots of misinformation out there. All I know is if you take them out you lose HP and there are ideal adjustments that can be made to the opening schedule. Would be nice if a tuner would give a brief tutorial.

It sure would. All I know is that I'm going to figure this out one way or the other. I'm not going as far as dyno tuning but I'll be using my Bazzaz Z-AFM and if I have to get ECU Editor, I'll do it. I like the flies out/tuned with DJ AutoTune in my 14 and now that I'm riding the busa more, I find the power annoying and at times a bit risky. The 14's flies were more noticeable but I only felt in 1st gear. It's there on the busa and I feel it in at least 1-3.

On having a tuner give a tutorial on how to tune the secondary plates for free is like them giving away part of their paycheck. They have spent a lot of their own time figuring out what works and what doesn't. The Gen II has been around long enough there are really no more secrets just how much you are willing to work and spend to get what you want.

On having a tuner give a tutorial on how to tune the secondary plates for free is like them giving away part of their paycheck. They have spent a lot of their own time figuring out what works and what doesn't. The Gen II has been around long enough there are really no more secrets just how much you are willing to work and spend to get what you want.

You'll find information is shared pretty freely on the org.

Back