Brocks or Schnitz Triple Clamp?

Sweeney

Registered
Brock's is about $40 less expensive,
1.Any difference in quality between the two? (Schnitz is top in photo)

2.Will either of these change the position of the grips: forward & lower any significant amount? I don't want to mess up the current riding position but need to get the front lower.

Any advise appreciated!!....

08tripletree_350Brocks2.jpg

The Schnitz is made by Me personally. It is the best one on the market. Others will allow the levers to hit the fairing when over to full lock. Mine don't. Buy the one from Schnitz..:)

The Schnitz is made by Me personally. It is the best one on the market. Others will allow the levers to hit the fairing when over to full lock. Mine don't. Buy the one from Schnitz..:)
Well then, Schnitz it will be, Should I order through you @CDI or through the Schnitz web site?

Another question regarding the Maximum 3/4" raise. I don't see a taper in the fork. It appears to be the same below the lower clamp with a texture difference though. This is just visual, I didn't measure.

Thanks for clarifying!

This clamp allows you to slide the forks thru, thus lowering the front of the bike without compressing the forks. Lowering it will not change the way the bike fits while u are riding it, only when you're at a stoplight(it will be lower).

This clamp allows you to slide the forks thru, thus lowering the front of the bike without compressing the forks. Lowering it will not change the way the bike fits while u are riding it, only when you're at a stoplight(it will be lower).
unless you are a twistie rider... if you ride hard, you can scrape the plastics on your bike...

Re-read my post.. It says the bike will FIT the same.. not handle the same..:) Your footpegs and seat/Handlebar positions don't change. Handling however will change. Unless you're racing AMA Superbike, you wont notice it..;)

I'd say ... hey CDiPrecision, Since you are a board sponcer can I get a deal ?

I ordered mine from CDiPrecision b/c it looks to be alot like the one I had for my GEN1 busa...It is by far very good quality and the engraving looks better then that of the other triple trees out there...

I will be ordering mine from CDi, he will give you the best price especially for the quality, he is very highly regarded, and although I don't have mine yet (waiting on special treatment for a tiny change
drools.gif
he he he) I have full faith and confidence in his abilities.Hopeully i will get apic of mine today?
whistling.gif

Why the strap? I'm confused
rock.gif
I thought the Triple was to ELIMINATE the use of the strap, unless you are dropping it beyond what the triple did say for the track?
poke.gif
dunno.gif

Re-read my post.. It says the bike will FIT the same.. not handle the same..:) Your footpegs and seat/Handlebar positions don't change. Handling however will change. Unless you're racing AMA Superbike, you wont notice it..;)
Correct about the fit, but it will also change the rake of the bike making it less stable at higher speeds and turn in easier. And yes you will notice it at 3/4" drop when you drop into a corner for the first couple of time.

Back