Brocks megaphone vs alien head

SCBQQSTN

Registered
I heard a brocks sidewinder exhaust on a GEN 1 busa and fell in love with the sound! However not a big fan of of the look.

Which exhaust sounds similar to the sidewinder? The alien head or megaphone? Which one do you guys like better?

Probably the megaphone, I like the alienhead better, but there does not seem to be a lot of difference in sound.

If you like that import, loud obnoxious, 4 banger with a flowmaster muffler sound then I guess it is for you, lol.

You should try the Tsukigi, if you like that sound you would love those. I hear they don't come much better than Brock's though, so either way you can't go wrong.

I just finished a full system install not 10 minutes ago, don't let anyone fool you, it isn't a walk in the park. You can do it no problem, but take your time, it will take you a full day.

Most sidewinders are run minus baffles, so.........I'd say get the StreetMeg or ShortMeg and yank the baffle. Great sound,but............not really streetable unless you live in the sticks.

Most sidewinders are run minus baffles, so.........I'd say get the StreetMeg or ShortMeg and yank the baffle. Great sound,but............not really streetable unless you live in the sticks.

agree Shortmeg was too loud for city riding along the beach. Police issues but damn it sounded good.

Maybe I am just old school :laugh: I think those sound like an import car with a 4 banger and a loud muffler :whistle:

I like the classic sport bike sound myself, but to each his own. Blanca, in that video you posted about you visiting Oprah's house, either something was wrong with the sound or that system is terribly quite?

You know they busted Oprah a while back for carrying 75 pounds of crack right? :moon: :rofl:

Maybe I am just old school :laugh: I think those sound like an import car with a 4 banger and a loud muffler :whistle:

I like the classic sport bike sound myself, but to each his own. Blanca, in that video you posted about you visiting Oprah's house, either something was wrong with the sound or that system is terribly quite?

You know they busted Oprah a while back for carrying 75 pounds of crack right? :moon: :rofl:

Jp check this thread I started.
I'm still experimenting with the GoPro but it seems its diff to capture really good sound without buffeting.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/130450-gopro-hd-resource-thread-discussion-settings-mounts-cards-results.html

I like the classic sportbike sound as well.
Grew up with open 4into1 Kerkers on Kz1000s.
In person I think my AH sounds very close to those of old.

Blanca,

I just watched that and can't really tell by that either. I did hear the one on Brock's site and it sounds good. I think I am basing my assumptions off of my short run in with Tsukigi. That is a sound you either love or hate, personally I hated it. Was sick 10 minutes after installing them, would have helped if they would have actually fit I guess, :banghead:

To the OP, again I hear many great things about Brock's. You can't go wrong.

Blanca,

I just watched that and can't really tell by that either. I did hear the one on Brock's site and it sounds good. I think I am basing my assumptions off of my short run in with Tsukigi. That is a sound you either love or hate, personally I hated it. Was sick 10 minutes after installing them, would have helped if they would have actually fit I guess, :banghead:

To the OP, again I hear many great things about Brock's. You can't go wrong.

Come over for a personal sound test when you get to Fl...:laugh:

I like the classic sportbike sound as well.
Grew up with open 4into1 Kerkers on Kz1000s.
In person I think my AH sounds very close to those of old.

Exact reason I chose the ShortMeg :beerchug:

Back