Brock's Clutch Mod and Clutch Cushion Kit

Bird Hunter

Donating Member
Registered
I just received my kits in the mail and will be installing this weekend. Anyone do this mod on their gen II and if so, any tricks or things to look out for ??

Thanks Guys... :beerchug:

This is a very simple mod, but one of the best mods for the dollar that you can do for drag racing. Swap out the studs and don't forget to locktite them.

My 60 ft times whent from an inconsistent 1.41 to 1.46 down to a very consistent 1.38 to 1.41. I would recomend this mod to everyone. Its easily worth almost a tenth of a second in the quarter mile. There is a lot of money spent on these bikes that doesn't do a damn, but the cushion does.

This is a very simple mod, but one of the best mods for the dollar that you can do for drag racing. Swap out the studs and don't forget to locktite them.

My 60 ft times whent from an inconsistent 1.41 to 1.46 down to a very consistent 1.38 to 1.41. I would recomend this mod to everyone. Its easily worth almost a tenth of a second in the quarter mile. There is a lot of money spent on these bikes that doesn't do a damn, but the cushion does.

:thumbsup:Oh yeah what he said:thumbsup::beerchug:

Here is kind of an explanation on how it works. The black line is engine rpm, and throttle is red. The trick to a good launch is getting the throttle out and the clutch out as quickly as possible.You can see that I get the clutch out quickly in about a second, but the engine rpm smoothly transitions at about 6500 rpm before the clutch is fully hooked. I call this transition the flash rpm, and the cushion makes this smooth. Without this transition, the bike has a tendency to wheelie or spin. Smooth is fast.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Draco - thanks for the informative posts. (Echo on addressing the recent TSB.)

BH - you might want to consider getting a slave support for the opposite side for the next time you have the left side plastic off?

Right on guy's !!!

Thanks for the info. all.. I appreciate the responses and chart Draco !!..

Bruce, where did you get the slave support and is there a certain brand you recommend ??

Back