Brocks clutch mod and clutch coushion

fishermanmgv

Registered
I am new to this forum so please bear with me. Just for some backround, I have a 01 I purchaced in april it had a amazing 2100 miles on it when i bought i have about 5100 on it now. I have since lowered the front 1in. and the rear about 3in. I have put the brocks clutch mod and clutch coushion along with the heavy springs and the new wheel adjuster on the clutch lever. Oh it had v&h slip ons when I bought it. I do try to drag race every friday nite. The mods I did to the clutch did really help with controling the clutch when launching. So the question i have is if i am riding on the street or parking lot at a lo speed in first or second gear say idiling or up to say 2000rpm the thing jerks terrable it is bad enough you have to pull in the clutch and kinda start over. I dont mean stop or anything like that just give it a little gas and let the clutch out again. It will not do this if it is under power at all. It also did this before the clutch mods. The only thing I can think of is the cushions in the rear wheel. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance. Oh by the way i pretty well suck at drag racing so far. Best run so far is 10.25 at 137mph with a 1.7 60ft. I wont even tell you the rt.

I am new to this forum so please bear with me. Just for some backround, I have a 01 I purchaced in april it had a amazing 2100 miles on it when i bought i have about 5100 on it now. I have since lowered the front 1in. and the rear about 3in. I have put the brocks clutch mod and clutch coushion along with the heavy springs and the new wheel adjuster on the clutch lever. Oh it had v&h slip ons when I bought it. I do try to drag race every friday nite. The mods I did to the clutch did really help with controling the clutch when launching. So the question i have is if i am riding on the street or parking lot at a lo speed in first or second gear say idiling or up to say 2000rpm the thing jerks terrable it is bad enough you have to pull in the clutch and kinda start over. I dont mean stop or anything like that just give it a little gas and let the clutch out again. It will not do this if it is under power at all. It also did this before the clutch mods. The only thing I can think of is the cushions in the rear wheel. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance. Oh by the way i pretty well suck at drag racing so far. Best run so far is 10.25 at 137mph with a 1.7 60ft. I wont even tell you the rt.

Try changing your fibers/steels. I would let a knowledgeable person take a look at it. And dont be ashamed of nothing:thumbsup: We all had to start somewhere. I purchased a PS2 game that REALLY helped me out. NHRA Countdown to Championship, it has the Pro-Stock Motorcycles and is a real good simulator. Gets your hand eye coordination and reaction time down pat:bowdown: And its cheap $12

I started out running worse than that. Took me a while but i'm still pushing to get better

Last edited:
Fibers and steels are brand new. Bought new to try and get stock clutch and mostly stock clutch lever closer to handlebar. My mistake hydrolic clutch. The orginals looked new but it was worth changing them they were 8 years old. After reading the link above maby a tre will halp.

Back