Bright lights Batman

ditchdr

Registered
I get a phone call from a new customer today. Wants me to put some new highway lights on his HD ultra.. No problem, Tell him to come by around 5 or so.. He shows up I pull the old lights out and go to the parts shelf to grab a few new ones, custoemr stops me and says "noI have my own"..

Ok buddy what ever makes you happy.. He hands me 2 boxes out of his saddle bag that say GE on them and some part number i have not heard of.. I am thinking great these are some old 6volt lights he got at a swap meet and are gonna explode as soon as i turn them on.. He says htye are 12volt lights and they are not gonna blow.. I finish up the install, flip the ign on and turn on the lights.. Man talk about bright.. I think i saw throgh the bak wall into the back yard..

Come to find out they are 125watt lights used on small planes as landing lights.. Looks like i will be stocking a few of them lol..

they are also subject to shorter life span... especially true if not moving... (aircraft lights run hot)

I about threw a rock at one of those azzhats the other night, they like to mount one on either side of the regular headlight and they are blinding... I just whip up some HID on their dumb butts...

Back