Brief History of the Traveling Toaster

HayaWakened

Donating Member
Registered
I know, I need to get a life, but anyway ...

There have been 11 recipients of the Traveling Toaster

The definitive thread seems to be this:
Then, a follow up thread:
Based on the posts contained within these two threads, here is a brief (albeit sketchy) history of custody of the Traveling Toaster

Recipient #RecipientReceived *
1RacerVMay, 2008
2Rayabusa0818Jun, 2008
3GSXCiteJul, 2008
4omslawAug, 2008
5MC MustangDec, 2008
6LavinracJun, 2010
7GIXERHPJan, 2011
8Blanca BusaLessFeb, 2012
9skydivrApr, 2012
10GsxrBotsApr, 2014
11VaBusaAug, 2018

*dates are approximate

Correct me if I'm wrong

I was involved in something similar years ago on another forum but we delivered the item, something that fit in a tailbag, from member to member, to make it easier for members to actually meet each other. Eventually there wasn’t much interest when it came to riders far from others. I rode to OR and brought it back and then invited several forum members to Alices one day for a beer and for them to sign the ‘possession’ sheet but then no one wanted the responsibility to deliver it to anyone else. I ended up taking it to a member in Bakersfield from San Jose and then he disappointed everyone by mailing it away and I lost interest.

I know, I need to get a life, but anyway ...

There have been 11 recipients of the Traveling Toaster

The definitive thread seems to be this:
Then, a follow up thread:
Based on the posts contained within these two threads, here is a brief (albeit sketchy) history of custody of the Traveling Toaster

Recipient #RecipientReceived *
1RacerVMay, 2008
2Rayabusa0818Jun, 2008
3GSXCiteJul, 2008
4omslawAug, 2008
5MC MustangDec, 2008
6LavinracJun, 2010
7GIXERHPJan, 2011
8Blanca BusaLessFeb, 2012
9skydivrApr, 2012
10GsxrBotsApr, 2014
11VaBusaAug, 2018

*dates are approximate

Correct me if I'm wrong
I did not send it to Blanca,,, i cant remember where it went

I did not send it to Blanca,,, i cant remember where it went

Thank you for the correction. Somehow Blanca got it. But from whom?

BlancaToaster.png

I don’t see the point in someone keeping it for months and years before sending it on. Why not retire the toaster and use something else, something that can be transported from one rider to another (if) anyone’s interested that is.

I think it's a great concept. Maybe the toaster could be honorably retired, a new item selected to continue the tradition ... a falcon of some sort, perhaps?
[EDIT] Although I like the idea of the object being able to accumulate signatures. That was pretty cool

I think it's a great concept. Maybe the toaster could be honorably retired, a new item selected to continue the tradition ... a falcon of some sort, perhaps?
[EDIT] Although I like the idea of the object being able to accumulate signatures. That was pretty cool

John,

Lets start something when we meet in vegas... I will bring something down from canada....and then you will pass it on to someone else!

Back