Bridgestone tire pressures

Italian Trev

Registered
Like a lot of you guys my k8 came equipped with BT15s. Looking at the manual it advises 42psi front & rear.

Is this normal - what happened to the good old days of running a higher psi in the rear?
rock.gif

I like the BT-015 buns on my bike at 42 p.s.i. They track very well at the recommended pressure, at least for every day riding. I took delivery of it with something like 32/38 F&R pressures (nice PDI job from the dealer), and it was squirrelly like you would not believe.

I'm not sure, but possibly going up 2 lbs. might adversely effect the handling. I am on my 2nd rear, and the carcass on the BT-015 is ridiculously stiff.

currently running avon storms at 42 allround dont feel right at anything less, much the same with bridgestones before
hello.gif

I like the BT-015 buns on my bike at 42 p.s.i. They track very well at the recommended pressure, at least for every day riding. I took delivery of it with something like 32/38 F&R pressures (nice PDI job from the dealer), and it was squirrelly like you would not believe.

I'm not sure, but possibly going up 2 lbs. might adversely effect the handling. I am on my 2nd rear, and the carcass on the BT-015 is ridiculously stiff.
How long did your first Bridgestone rear last you? Just curious what kinda mileage the 15's are getting on busa's.
winkold.gif

Back