Bridgestone T30 review

wv rider

Registered
Haven't been on much in a while, too much going on. Just in case anyone else is interested, here is my T30 review. I included Pictures of my front and rear Bridgestone 023s with @9k on them. Keep in mind these have 1 OKC trip as well as some Va./ WVa. runs (mostly slab though). I also included a pre-mount picture and a post trip picture of the T30s. There is a rather pronounced visual difference between the two compounds. I never noticed any difference in feel transitioning from 1 compound to the other. After @900 miles on the T30s, I am not disappointed with the tires. It is a bit hard for me making a comparison going from a worn out set to a new set. The carcass feels pretty stiff on the T30s, even from what I remember about the 021 & 023. Temps ranged from @75-87 degrees and warm up times felt fairly quick. Even a quick 5 mile run from my hotel to the gas station yielded some good heat. Tire pressures were 36 front, 38 rear cold. After getting used to the new profile and stiff carcass, feel was very stable and communicative. I never felt any tendency for the bike to want to just fall into a turn. They held a line well and were no trouble to change lines mid corner when needed. Over all, I feel that these tires are every bit as good as I expected. The real test will be in how well they do toward the end of their life, but, as new I felt they were a great match for my mixed mountain/freeway riding. The 023s really fell off in traction toward the end.

100 (Small).JPG

101 (Small).JPG

102 (Small).JPG

115 (Small).JPG

119 (Small).JPG

120 (Small).JPG

117 (Small).JPG

I just ordered a set for my Busa to replace the worn BT-023 that I got when I purchased it. Any updates to your tire experience?

I've been running some since mid-summer and they are holding up pretty good. I've pushed them hard on the local mtn. roads and I'm pleased. Seems to be a little harder than the 023's though. As long as you don't expect sport tire handling you'll be ok.

My only other tire experience was with the PR3 on my Katana and they never gave up any grip. Theses worn BT-023 almost had me high side last weekend when I swung the back wheel around while accelerating through a turn so I'm not taking any chances and changing them.

Have any of you guys used these in the winter or recommend a good winter set? over here in UK is going to be fairily uncomfortable as nights and early mornings already down to -4.

I was really pleased with the qualifer 2's from dunlop as I rode them home in the snow and they felt amazing, they just wear down quickly when its dry

The T30 is the upgrade of the BT023. I have experience on the 23 with no complaints. I'd be happy to give the T30 a try. I've been very happy with the Roadsmart II.

Back