Bridgestone S22F

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Battlax S22F Hypersport tires as a Christmas gift from the wife. I currently run S21Rs and they have been stellar, the S22F are even better.

Good prices too, a bit more inexpensive than the Michelins and perform as well or better according to all the reviews I have read.

I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Battlax S22F Hypersport tires as a Christmas gift from the wife. I currently run S21Rs and they have been stellar, the S22F are even better.

Good prices too, a bit more inexpensive than the Michelins and perform as well or better according to all the reviews I have read.
whats the mileage from the current ones so far? The only battlax I ever had was when I bought my initial 08 new and they came with the bike. Horrible performance and mileage was a joke...

whats the mileage from the current ones so far? The only battlax I ever had was when I bought my initial 08 new and they came with the bike. Horrible performance and mileage was a joke...

Mileage? I guess around 9,000kms or so...they aren't at the wear bars yet but I like to change them out before they get there.

Check out the reviews on the S21R and S22F, they aren't the average Bridgestone tire.

I have been running Battlax tires forever it seems and they have always served me well, even the bias ply Battlax on my '86 Katana were decent.

Mileage? I guess around 9,000kms or so...they aren't at the wear bars yet but I like to change them out before they get there.

Check out the reviews on the S21R and S22F, they aren't the average Bridgestone tire.

I have been running Battlax tires forever it seems and they have always served me well, even the bias ply Battlax on my '86 Katana were decent.
Back in germany I tried some Metzeler ( stick well to the ground but mileage was crappy). SInce then I had some Michelin PP and PR. I love the pilot Road 2/3. Next Season I will try the 5 (c10's recommendation).

Back in germany I tried some Metzeler ( stick well to the ground but mileage was crappy). SInce then I had some Michelin PP and PR. I love the pilot Road 2/3. Next Season I will try the 5 (c10's recommendation).

I was going to get the 5's but I don't tour and don't ride in the rain so they would be wasted on me...I don't ride a whole lot and they give really good mileage so I would be worried they'd go hard on me before I need to change them because of wear.

....and I seem to have had good luck with Battlax tires.

I was going to get the 5's but I don't tour and don't ride in the rain so they would be wasted on me...I don't ride a whole lot and they give really good mileage so I would be worried they'd go hard on me before I need to change them because of wear.

....and I seem to have had good luck with Battlax tires.
I want them mostly because they last the longest. I avoid rain when I can and mostly care about mileage as I ride alot. The handling seems to be pretty decent as well. And on top of that - I dont drive like crazy anymore. Therefore I dont need super sticky tires.

I want them mostly because they last the longest. I avoid rain when I can and mostly care about mileage as I ride alot. The handling seems to be pretty decent as well. And on top of that - I dont drive like crazy anymore. Therefore I dont need super sticky tires.
I hear you there, if they are good enough for most of the riders on this forum, that speaks volumes...

I'm just a creature of habit.

I hear you there, if they are good enough for most of the riders on this forum, that speaks volumes...

I'm just a creature of habit.
I hear you. I am the same. But the PR2/3 seem to be out of stock everywhere...at least in canada. Otherwise I would stick with them...!!

Bah, pilot road??? WTH?
Pilot Power is the way forward lol.
1576957330231.png

especially when they are only $222 a pair!!

The PIPO last significantly shorter than the Pilot roads. I had both.... don't be so miserable old man :poke: ;)

edit- where do you steal your tires? Here its almost 200 dollars just for the FRONT!
Old man??? Listen here you young snipper whapper!!
I’m getting 7000kms out of the powers, and I bought three pairs at that cheap price coz they were bought in a large quantity at a good price by my company and they wanted the last few unsold tyres gone, so I paid the cost price... cool huh?

Old man??? Listen here you young snipper whapper!!
I’m getting 7000kms out of the powers, and I bought three pairs at that cheap price coz they were bought in a large quantity at a good price by my company and they wanted the last few unsold tyres gone, so I paid the cost price... cool huh?
I have no idea what a snipper whapper is but it sure sounds funny lol.
With a riding style of a grandpa, you would probably get 50 000 km out of the Pilot Roads.... :lol:

All jokes aside. I got about 15 000 km out of the Road's. (without going too crazy- just a little bit).
Considering a set for almost 600 dollars in my currency, thats good mileage for the price. (Not even to mention insurance cost in my country for the most basic insurance you can get.That adds all up).
And to be honest- I dont even feel a big difference having the PIPO or the PIRO.

edit. I just looked up the cost for both (Michelin and Bridgestone- The Michelin are 150 dollars more expensive before tax...)!

Back to the S22’s... my buddy put a pair on his GSXR1000K6 and he loved them, he’s always used Michelin’s and was apprehensive about using Bridgestones initially but was pleasantly surprised.
He got 9600kms out of them and he rides pretty hard.
From all I've read, they seem to stand up pretty well even on liter bikes. My S21s are good, they stick well but need to be heated up before applying the right wrist with any vigor as they will spin easily..

From all I've read, they seem to stand up pretty well even on liter bikes. My S21s are good, they stick well but need to be heated up before applying the right wrist with any vigor as they will spin easily..
Yes, they have a hard carcass and sidewalls are pretty stiff, when I mounted them to the K6's rims they were way stiffer and harder to mount than the Michelins.

Bridgestones are great tyres, no doubt about it, my next tyre choice will be the T31's, my mate put a pair on his K1200 Beemer and loves them, said they are way better feel in the wet than his last tyres, Pilot Road 5's, which he said were crap, vague feedback, lack of confidence in opening the throttle at all.
His T31's now have 3000kms on them and still look new, very little wear at all.

Back