Bridgestone BT56 Tires

Demon

Registered
Has anyone heard of Bridgestone stopping the production of the BT56s?

I have been pricing them on the internet and a friend suggested looking at the Bridgestone website to buy direct from the manufacturer. Well I went to the website and there is no information for that tire... I'm clueless.

If they're stopping production then I'm going to pick up two tomorrow.:please:

seem like a decent tire (sure cheap enough)... not sure why they would quit making them if they are still using them as OEM tires..

There are much better choices out there :whistle:

I am going back to the BT's because of the milage I can get out of them. I just passed 13,000 miles on the bike. The BT rear gave me close to 8200 miles before it needed replaced by the wear bars. The Dunlop 208 only gave me about 4800 miles on it until the cords were showing. I still have the original BT on the front and it still hasn't got down to the wear bars. Maybe another 500 -1000 miles?

I rode harder on the BTs than I did with the Dunlop and it wore out 2x faster...

I am going back to the BT's because of the milage I can get out of them. I just passed 13,000 miles on the bike. The BT rear gave me close to 8200 miles before it needed replaced by the wear bars. The Dunlop 208 only gave me about 4800 miles on it until the cords were showing. I still have the original BT on the front and it still hasn't got down to the wear bars. Maybe another 500 -1000 miles?

I rode harder on the BTs than I did with the Dunlop and it wore out 2x faster...

Try the Avon Storms...if you got 8200 out of the BT56...then you should get 10,000+ out of the Storms :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard of Bridgestone stopping the production of the BT56s?

I have been pricing them on the internet and a friend suggested looking at the Bridgestone website to buy direct from the manufacturer. Well I went to the website and there is no information for that tire... I'm clueless.

If they're stopping production then I'm going to pick up two tomorrow.:please:
Don't get them. Get the Avon Storms instead. If you still want them, don't get caught in the rain. You'll be all over the place. With the Storms, you will feel like you're on rails even in the pouring down rain. I'm speaking from experience.

You want mileage, get the Storms. Believe me, you'll NEVER go back to the BT's.

Back