BRIDGESTONE BT16 - TIRES

MR X

Donating Member
Registered
Replaced my rear tire today BT15 it had about half life left but changed to BT16 for my touring vacation to Nova Scotia just in case. I will see how the new BRIDGESTONE BT16 hold up for highway driving.
winkold.gif

Leaving tomorrow morning will be back in about 2 or 3 weeks will post pics of Nova Scotia -
Cabot Trail when i return
hello.gif

Just got back yesterday.
BT16 rear tire held up really good . Has about half tread left ,Put on 5704 KM in two weeks.
thumb_up.gif

pictures_of_Nova_Scotia_075.jpg

I like the 015 on my K8 now but I am thinking about going to the 016 in the rear when this one is gone. 2000 miles on her so far and she definitely ain't new anymore and is almost half worn. I like the 016 because it has three compounds. One compound in the center that is supposed to be comparable to the 015 then another softer compound on the turn in shoulders and then another compound that's even softer on the edges. This might work OK with the stock front until the next time when I change both.

I like the 015 on my K8 now but I am thinking about going to the 016 in the rear when this one is gone. 2000 miles on her so far and she definitely ain't new anymore and is almost half worn. I like the 016 because it has three compounds. One compound in the center that is supposed to be comparable to the 015 then another softer compound on the turn in shoulders and then another compound that's even softer on the edges. This might work OK with the stock front until the next time when I change both.
Run the BT015 at 35 lbs and it will stick very well. Mine didn't start loosing traction in the corners until it got down near the wear bars. I got 5400 miles out of my OEM tires even with a track day and aggressive riding.

I only got 1900 miles from my rear 15. I wish I could get 5K from any rear tire!

I too am going to give the 16 a shot. Will be interesting to see what others think about this new generation tire from Bridgestone (The largest tire manufacturer in the world)

I have almost 4500 miles on my bike and i am going to need a new tire before long. What do you guys suggest for someone that does more day trips then anything? I am not so much into the twisters but do like them every now and then. This is my first sport bike so i don't know much about them. Thanks in advance, Doug

Brendas_Car_002RS.jpg

I have almost 4500 miles on my bike and i am going to need a new tire before long. What do you guys suggest for someone that does more day trips then anything? I am not so much into the twisters but do like them every now and then. This is my first sport bike so i don't know much about them. Thanks in advance, Doug
If i where you id stay with the oem tire, did you ever put the bike in a turn it couldn't handle? if the answer is no, there you have it. the type of riding you say your doing is what that tire was made for
thumb_up.gif

I have BTO-16's So far very pleased....at first they felt like the bike wanted to fall into the turns.
Now broken in they feel GREAT.......Best traction while leaned over i have ever felt... riding 35 years.
Here is a blurry pic....nice and scrubbed to the edje....and the center shows very little wear so far.

190882_R1_13_12A.jpg

I've been running the BT-016 for about 1000 miles of knee dragging twisties and 500 miles of straights, and i gotta tell ya, Bridgestone did a fantastic job on this tire! I still have a lot of life left as well. I bought 4 new rear ones, and 2 front ones just in case!
bowdown.gif

If i where you id stay with the oem tire, did you ever put the bike in a turn it couldn't handle? if the answer is no, there you have it. the type of riding you say your doing is what that tire was made for
thumb_up.gif
BT-16 is made for Suzuki Hayabusa it is the next version of HYPERSPORT tires.

bt-015 last 4100miles, now there´s bt-021 3300miles and hitted wear indicator, maybe little less miles for that!

so i just ordered bt-016 let´s see...
whistling.gif

Back