Bridgestone BT-020

Doc I've had two of them...Of course I used them on the street and strip...They don't hold up well at all for the type of riding I do...I've gone back to the stock rear for now...I'm more than likely going to try the Michelin Macadam next...

I used a 020 for my cross country trip with no probs. Hit up some twisties and swepers in Vegas and also in So cal. Put 6400 miles on them round trip. Still had about 1000 miles use left when I got back. The only reason I changed out the tire was due to the fact that there was a fat ass nail stuck in it. Check with the new NT 020 suppose to be a little stickier

I'm running 020's and quite like them, they seem to stick fine, (for my application - not an overly aggressive rider), and they last forever compared to the 56's. Never had them slip out, (knock on wood), and I plan to put 020's on again when tire change time comes.

Put one on in January, on the rear, leaving the stock front. About 4.5K later and its almost gone. Will be replaced in a few weeks with a set of Michelin Pilot Roads. The only reason I got it in the first place is that I didn't want a mismatch with the front when I replaced the rear, and I didn't want to get a front as it wasn't needed. I generally don't like Bridgestones and won't buy another for this bike. With that said, I had good experiences with a Bridgestone BT-45 set for my BMW F-650 when I road-raced it last year. But that's like apples and oranges, just can't really compare 'em.

Hmmm, seems like a split decision here! I picked up the rear on sale for $100 out the door. So, I will give it a try. I like the stock 56's and have ripped twisties up pretty hard on it. If the 20 is anything close, it should be fine for me.

Thanks

Doc if you got it for a benjamin you did good...I'ld throw it on also...As long as your not doing a lot of burn outs it will be ok...Of course I never get to the chicken strips before mine come off...Wore out two in a month...The Michelin seems to be the best dual tire for my style...

Someone needz to put a poll up for the best all around street tire to use with numerous different brand options.....

I would, but I dont know which tires or brands to put up for the poll. If there has already been a poll for this, then nevermind this post! :tounge: :tounge:

Ok a poll sounds good, actually 4 polls.

1 for touring/commuting
1 for agressive riding and cornering
1 for street/track
1 for track

20's are a little harder. You will be fine running them. Twisties I cn not find a better tire for my riding style then the Perelli Diablos.

hi Doc.....I'm fond of this little trick:

I'm such a slammer on the throttle,and I gear down hard and aggressively , so I run the 020 out back and the 010 up front .That way I get the feeling of the well planted front end , and the rear stands up a little better to the abuse. I remember that picture of yer AlpineStarz , yer an aggressive bastid , So a tiny amount of slip will probably go unoticed by you anyway , that or it wont bother you. The Busa always dances in the azz a lil in the corners anyway right , I personally dont mind if the rear goes a little here an' there , but I prefer to keep the front nice an' dialed .
juz my thoughts....

should work for ya thou Doc...

I did definately notice a bit longer of a warm-up time,be aware of that .

Ride safe Doc.....hav a good 1 RSD.

I ran 020's on my XX and they were fantastic. However, Bridgestone DO NOT recommend anything other than the 56's for the Busa, (I have an email from them somewhere when I enquired)

Andy

Thanks again guys! When I first got the Busa, I was mostly high-speed straight stuff. Now, I can not wait to get back to Cali as often as possible to rip the twisties UP! I melted the 56 side to side on the last trip out there riding with Owen!

FUN!

Beware, I changed from the 56 to an 010 and the 010 is at least (guessing) 4 times harder than the 56.
I absolutely hate the 010's. The rear is about half worn out now and I thought I'd try a 020 as they are supposed to be softer on the sides. On every corner, it feels like the bike is going drop out from under me. I've tried different pressures and I can tolerate them now, but they've slowed me down ALOT! (maybe a good thing, hehe)

The coolest thing I got from these posts is that the 56 is a sticky tire... I have ran nothing but 56s in the 1.7 years I have had the Busa. I just kept buying them whenever I could find them. I will be sad if this 020 is not as sticky, I had thought it would be stickier...

I have a set of Michilin Pilot-Race tires that came with the magnesium wheels I bought, I bet those suckers are going to be STICKY!

Ok, here is the lowdown on Bridgestone stickyness. (56, 010 & 020)

The 56 is the stickiest followed by the 010 & finally the 020.

Both the 010 & 020 are dual compound (ie they are soft on the edge & have a firmer centre for more milage) I have not previously run 56's but have had 57s on the XX which were fine, (the 020 were better). the main thing to remember when you put rubber on your bike is to buy the ones which were manufactured for your bike, if Bridgestone only reccommend the 56 for the busa (& they do), then thats the only Bridgestone you should put on your bike, if you want a different compound look at another manufacturer who makes the specific type of tyre you want for your busa. either way, its your life, you decide, but i think I'll go along with the experts (the people who design & make em).

Andy

Hey Ninja Eater, how do the Diablos feel? I am on Sportec M-1s and love em. But the rear is toast after 2800 miles. The front is not far behind - may get 4000? I'm thinking 207s or something else just to get some perspective. Maybe Diablos??? It is OK for short tire life as long as they are sticky as hell.

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300. In my OPINION I want tire that has a short warm up time and sticks to anything, I don't care how long it lasts and I don't care how much it costs because I don't know about you guys but I can't put a price on my life. Just my .02. I am personnally going with Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's for my next set which will be real soon and I have just over 2000 miles on a new 03.

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300.
ya well.....fuggin' yippee for you....I guess if all the bro's had lot's a fuggin' $ fallin' outa there a$$ like you, we wouldn't be havin' this discussion . We'd all buy yer brand . Some of us are commuters doin 1 or 2 hundred clicks a day ,usin' yer method and tire choice, thats new tires every 10 days. Wow....you must be a fuggin' millionaire. Me....SORRY.... I cant afford new tires every 10 days....

can I have some of your millions....or maybe just a pinch of yer humility .

Sorry....I'm being bad again....and should be reported imediately to......THE NET NANNY .

O ya....I'm not supposed to say this....'cause it upsets people...but why dont you go get....

nevermind .

have a DIFFERENT 1.....RSD.

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300. In my OPINION I want tire that has a short warm up time and sticks to anything, I don't care how long it lasts and I don't care how much it costs because I don't know about you guys but I can't put a price on my life. Just my .02. I am personnally going with Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's for my next set which will be real soon and I have just over 2000 miles on a new 03.
I agree with some of what you said, however, if you have infinet $$$, the why run the sport tires? Get the Pilot Race tires... they will stick better....

Back