Bridgestone BT-020

Hey Ninja Eater, how do the Diablos feel?  I am on Sportec M-1s and love em. But the rear is toast after 2800 miles. The front is not far behind - may get 4000? I'm thinking 207s or something else just to get some perspective. Maybe Diablos???  It is OK for short tire life as long as they are sticky as hell.
I love them, they hold like crazy. i have not run the Sportec though. Let's see if we can find a comparison for the two types.

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300. In my OPINION I want tire that has a short warm up time and sticks to anything, I don't care how long it lasts and I don't care how much it costs because I don't know about you guys but I can't put a price on my life. Just my .02. I am personnally going with Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's for my next set which will be real soon and I have just over 2000 miles on a new 03.
I agree with some of what you said, however, if you have infinet $$$, the why run the sport tires?  Get the Pilot Race tires...  they will stick better....
I don't use race tires because for the street they take too long to warm up there for they are slippery. No one needs to be sorry for commenting to my post, I specifically stated it was my OPINION , and no I am not a millionaire but I do have money running out of my ass. :rofl:

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300.
ya well.....fuggin' yippee for you....I guess if all the bro's had lot's a fuggin' $ fallin' outa there a$$ like you, we wouldn't be havin' this discussion . We'd all buy yer brand .  Some of us are commuters doin 1 or 2 hundred clicks a day ,usin' yer method and tire choice, thats new tires every  10 days.   Wow....you must be a fuggin' millionaire.    Me....SORRY....  I cant afford new tires every 10 days....

can I have some of your millions....or maybe just a pinch of yer humility .

Sorry....I'm being bad again....and should be reported imediately to......THE NET NANNY .

O ya....I'm not supposed to say this....'cause it upsets people...but why dont you go get....

nevermind .

have a DIFFERENT 1.....RSD.
Rubber are you sexually frustrated? Because every post I see of yours you have a negative response to what ever the subject. Go buy yourself a hooker and be happy!!!! :rofl:

I've gotten 10k out of my original front, but its toast now. I was gonna replace it and the rear 020 with some Michelin Pilot Road (sport touring) tires, BUT........ everone is out of them and I can't get one until next month at the earliest. I'm gonna go on a ride at the end of the month and while the rear could do it, the front will not. I also want to change brands and don't want a mismatched set of tires. About all I can get right now are a set of Continental Sport-touring tires (I have no clue what model etc). Well, I'll mount 'em up and see how they do. All of the Michelin tires(entire Pilot series) to fit the Busa are not available until at least mid-Oct. here!!!! :sad:

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300.
ya well.....fuggin' yippee for you....I guess if all the bro's had lot's a fuggin' $ fallin' outa there a$$ like you, we wouldn't be havin' this discussion . We'd all buy yer brand .  Some of us are commuters doin 1 or 2 hundred clicks a day ,usin' yer method and tire choice, thats new tires every  10 days.   Wow....you must be a fuggin' millionaire.    Me....SORRY....  I cant afford new tires every 10 days....

Sorry....I'm being bad again....and should be reported imediately to......THE NET NANNY .

O ya....I'm not supposed to say this....'cause it upsets people...but why dont you go get....

nevermind .

Rubber are you sexually frustrated? Because every post I see of yours you have a negative response to what ever the subject. Go buy yourself a hooker and be happy!!!! :rofl:
sexually castrated... oops, I mean frustrated....nah...not by a LOOONG SHOT.....hee hee hee .
And if ya open up yer mind , THAT,AND ACTUALLY READ A LITTLE BIT , you'd find yer statement off , just a bit .
Actually I have a complicated sense of humour . Sometimes I come outa the shoot with both barrels blazin' , not really to try an' offend anyone , more jus 'cause I get bored . I get a little bored from time to time in threads, like.... here's a forinstance... a guy gets a new paint job , he posts pics of it , 47 people respond with , "looks great" "good job" "well done".

Me , I dunno....I'll tell him it looks like a monkey ate too many banana's an' pissed on his bike . 47 dudes just said his paint is awesome (some of those dudes MIGHT really have even meant it, SOME of them) and I say it looks like crap .
1. I'm brutally honest .
2. Why hide my opinions an' feelings ? To be or SEEM nice. I dont consider web sites a popularity contest. Many people do . The sneaky back stabbin' , pretendin' , bullshid that some do....just ain't my thing . Some people apparantly keep track of things,issues,who said what,blahblahblah . Life's too short.

I mean seriously...look at this deal(thread) , I APPEAR to sound choked about the fact that you think I/we should buy the tires that you use, the tires that will only last us/me 10-20 days .

Its all about opinions and thoughts and emotions when people get together . So , in other words....KRAP basically.
My opinion in this thread , directed mostly to the commuters says, you buy this guys choice and you'll be buyin' HIS CHOICE , once a month . So ,its sort of in yer face(my opinion),I believe in what I've said,I've spoken my OPINION kinda harshly, 'cause I believe in it, and hopefully the commuters wont run out and buy yer "Change Tyre Monthly" brand of skin.
So I come off soundin' like an a$$hole , when in actual fact I have the peoples best interest at heart . I dont care what ya run . I dont want you to care what I run . Its about choices and opinions . My comments and statements and opinions on this site are for those that I have deemed to be GOOD PEOPLE . I'd never hesitate to help anyone I think is a good person.

I will continue to alienate people for as long as I live I'm sure. I dont really do it for any reason .I dont do anything on purpose. That would take to much forthought. I dont mind if you like me . I also dont mind if you dislike me . Havin' fun is more important . I'll never win a popularity contest , it takes more work than I'm willing to provide , and yet , without even trying , I was nominated for an award at the ....shall we say, "Company" I work for....an award for the best all round employee . Helpful,friendly,curteous,etc etc.....3,500 employee's , I was one of 40 that were nominated . Too funny huh . 'Course alot of those votes came from the ladies,so there goes yer "frustrated theory"....hee hee hee

I do like to chuck shid at the 18 yr ol' kid who comes on here and asks "How do I do a stoppie , with my girlfriend on the back". I hope and pray that she is there when he goes to retrieve the responses . I have zero problem callin' him a fughead . People for the most part GET IT . Stopie guy's girlfriend wont say anything when she reads my comments, but she'll be thinkin' . She be thinkin' ...ya...my stoppie doin' boyfriend really is a fughead .

I like to have fun . Sometimes at the expense of others.
If you can stick it to me , and have a laff , or provide one, more power to ya .

If you wanna RESEARCH or keep track of my posts , or others , and call them negative....o well . I've cranked out thousands of sentances in an effort to help others , I just cant do it everyday , I get bored .
Sometimes I just gotta mix fact with facetiousness , that or end up lookin' like Mr. Happy Face.

anyway....yer gonna have to do better than the "sexually frustrated" thing....
boring....

besides, you deserved it, tellin' me I should have bought a 250 . That kind of comment is only gonna bring out the UGLY.

anyway... "wonk wonk wonk" , just like Charlie Brown's teacher says , right?

have a good 1.....RSD.

nevermind .

sexually castrated... oops, I mean frustrated....nah...not by a LOOONG SHOT.....hee hee hee .
  And if ya open up yer mind , THAT,AND ACTUALLY READ A LITTLE BIT , you'd find yer statement off , just a bit .
  Actually I have a complicated sense of humour . Sometimes I come outa the shoot with both barrels blazin' , not really to try an' offend anyone , more jus 'cause I get bored . I get a little bored from time to time in threads, like.... here's a forinstance...   a guy gets a new paint job , he posts pics of it , 47 people respond with , "looks great"   "good job"  "well done".

Me , I dunno....I'll tell him it looks like a monkey ate too many banana's an' pissed on his bike .  47 dudes just said his paint is awesome (some of those dudes MIGHT really have even meant it, SOME of them)  and I say it looks like crap .
  1. I'm brutally honest .
   2. Why hide my opinions an' feelings ?  To be or SEEM nice. I dont consider web sites a popularity contest. Many people do . The sneaky back stabbin' , pretendin' , bullshid that some do....just ain't my thing . Some people apparantly keep track of things,issues,who said what,blahblahblah .  Life's too short.

I mean seriously...look at this deal(thread) , I APPEAR to sound choked about the fact that you think I/we should buy the tires that you use, the tires that will only last us/me 10-20 days .  

Its all about opinions and thoughts and emotions when people get together . So , in other words....KRAP basically.
 My opinion in this thread , directed mostly to the commuters says, you buy this guys choice and you'll be buyin' HIS CHOICE , once a month .  So ,its sort of in yer face(my opinion),I believe in what I've said,I've spoken my OPINION kinda harshly, 'cause I believe in it, and hopefully the commuters wont run out and buy yer "Change Tyre Monthly" brand of skin.
   So I come off soundin' like an a$$hole , when in actual fact I have the peoples best interest at heart .    I dont care what ya run .  I dont want you to care what I run . Its about choices and opinions .  My comments and statements and opinions on this site are for those that I have deemed to be GOOD PEOPLE .  I'd never hesitate to help anyone I think is a good person.

I will continue to alienate people for as long as I live I'm sure.  I dont really do it for any reason .I dont do anything on purpose. That would take to much forthought. I dont mind if you like me . I also dont mind if you dislike me .   Havin' fun is more important . I'll never win a popularity contest , it takes more work than I'm willing to provide , and yet , without even trying , I was nominated for an award at the ....shall we say, "Company" I work for....an award for the best all round employee . Helpful,friendly,curteous,etc etc.....3,500 employee's ,  I was one of 40 that were nominated . Too funny huh . 'Course alot of those votes came from the ladies,so there goes yer "frustrated theory"....hee hee hee

I do like to chuck shid at the 18 yr ol' kid who comes on here and asks  "How do I do a stoppie , with my girlfriend on the back".   I hope and pray that she is there when he goes to retrieve the responses .  I have zero problem callin' him a fughead . People for the most part GET IT . Stopie guy's girlfriend wont say anything when she reads my comments, but she'll be thinkin' .    She be thinkin' ...ya...my stoppie doin' boyfriend really is a fughead .

I like to have fun .  Sometimes at the expense of others.
If you can stick it to me , and have a laff , or provide one, more power to ya .  

If you wanna RESEARCH or keep track of my posts , or others , and call them negative....o well .  I've cranked out thousands of sentances in an effort to help others , I just cant do it everyday , I get bored .
  Sometimes I just gotta mix fact with facetiousness , that or end up lookin' like Mr. Happy Face.

anyway....yer gonna have to do better than the "sexually frustrated" thing....
                            boring....

besides, you deserved it, tellin' me I should have bought a 250 . That kind of comment is only gonna bring out the UGLY.

anyway...  "wonk wonk wonk" , just like Charlie Brown's teacher says , right?

have a good 1.....RSD.
That was an awesome response! I mean that seriously, most people in this world are too concentrated on what other people think and not their own happiness and I appreciate and honest person that is not scared to speek his mind. I posted that last response to get at you for fun not to show that i was pissed, it is all about having fun, I like your response to the 250 comment I figured that would get somebody fired up. LOL Keep the good posts going they seem to provide me with some laughter from time to time.

I am just trying to understand why you guys are concerned with tire life. if that was the case you should have bought a 250cc bike not a 1300. In my OPINION I want tire that has a short warm up time and sticks to anything, I don't care how long it lasts and I don't care how much it costs because I don't know about you guys but I can't put a price on my life. Just my .02. I am personnally going with Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's for my next set which will be real soon and I have just over 2000 miles on a new 03.
1. I agree with rubber side down.
2. Not everyone uses his/her busa as you think it should be used.
3. Tire life, I don't think, is anyones main concern in purchasing any bike. Hey If I had a 250, it would be an Aprillia race bike and it would chew up tires every weekend I rode it.

Some people use their Busa for trips. I don't think anyone wants to stop in the middle of a trip to have new tires mounted. Hey, one guy rode a Busa, 2 up, from Jacksonville, FL, to SanDiego, CA, AND BACK in 100 hours. I don't think he wanted to stop to change tires in that trip. Fact is, even though the Busa is a great drag bike, and it was raced in Formula Extreme the first year of that series, is used by many for in-town cruising for chicks, is decent in the twisties, it really is a great SPORT-TOURING bike. When Sport-Touring, tire life is important. The Busa is a great all-around big bore sport bike. So, some of us care about things regarding the Busa that you do not. Some of us couldn't give a rat's ass about things you think are important about a Busa.

5000+ MIILES IN 100 HOURS - 2 UP?:super:?? Ouch! I would think they would want any excuse to stop and strech the legs. Even getting tires.

Pesonal choise is all ove the place here. Some people above like the BTs because they are predictable - yeah right - they will slide or breaqk loose every time you go out in the twisties at least once. That is PREDICTABLE! I couldn't tolerate them. They are slow to heat up and quick to loose it. The ony time I got em to stay sticky was on a freeway at 100+MPH for 70 miles and the pavement was cooking hot. Then they behaved OK and they had signs of gumming up. They also felt like the front sidewall was rolling under when you really push it hard into a corner. The front would fell like it was wallowing around in hard turns and I was running 40 PSI. Now with Metzlers the tires are firm at 34 PSI and heat up in about a mile and stay hot regardless of air temp. That is nice up here in the mountains where it is never really hot. AND STICKY!!!! On the upside for the BTs is they last almost twice as long. So if I was driving on straight freeways for long distances regularly they would be an option. For track or backroad twisties, I would never use them.

Beware,  I changed from the 56 to an 010 and the 010 is at least (guessing) 4 times harder than the 56.
 I absolutely hate the 010's.  The rear is about half worn out now and I thought I'd try a 020 as they are supposed to be softer on the sides.  On every corner, it feels like the bike is going drop out from under me.  I've tried different pressures and I can tolerate them now, but they've slowed me down ALOT! (maybe a good thing, hehe)
I feel just the oposite! I feel way more grip & confident in the turns on the 010's - the 56 sucked IMO. Oh well eye... and seat of the beholder. :eek:

tires....wow....this topic reminds me of that dude that devoted about half his life to REALLY understanding the motorcycle chain .
  I'm not sure there's a tire that can meet all of the needs of the Busa owner .
   Track tire - joke in the rain,wears to fast,etc...
  Commuter tire - joke at the track,mediocre in the twisties...
   Half way between the two - EXACTLY, half way to being a good trac tire...half way to being a good street tire. In other words , USELESS.

What I think I find most interesting about this topic is that  2  guys can ride the same brand,same type of tire, on the  same bike , supposedly thru the same riding senarios , and  both have such varied opinions .  
 I wonder what cause's that ?

Have a good 1...RSD

Toe-may-toe ... Toe-mah-toe ... I like the blind tests that sportrider does. But still ya gotta tryem to get your own feel.

Back