Bridgestone bt-010

BusaboyCO

Registered
Hey guys and gals. First of all, let me say what a great board! Was wondering if anyone has ridden the BT010. I need a new rear (got 4400 out of the OEM) and was told the BT010 had a harder compound in the center while still having good grip on the outer. I don't ride on a track but love to do the mountain roads up here in Colorado. Any reviews or suggs?    

Thanks,

Foxy, the  :newbie:

Great tire for street use. I ran them on my TL1000R and also currently on the busa

Yeah, I like 'em. Got 5K out of my last bt010 rear. In comparison, I got 4.2K out of stock bt56 but they slid bad after about 3k, and I got 2.9K out of a Metzler Sportec M-1.
They seem to stick real well in the curves for a street tire.

I just put my second bt010 on tonight. I don't ride real hard but I weigh 240. I got 3950 miles out of it. Handles ok in fact arizona motorsports is giving extra 10% off if you mention fall sale. I just ordered another one.

I am on my second rear and can get about 2800 miles on them. So far so good. Chaparral has them for $130 TYD.

I am about to mount my 3rd 010 I like em better than the 56 and got over 5k out of it.

- Kent

BT 10's are a replacment tire (very close to the orig BT 56. Even better BT is the 12. it handles a little better. the list goes on from there. BT 10's are the most economical, but Pirelli Diablo. Mich's, Metzler are all good. i like the Pirelli's the best for my riding.

I've been using the 012's. I got 6K out of the last rear. I'm not a knee dragger, but I do ride as much as possible. The only time she breaks loose is when I want her to.

Later,

Steve

Check out the Bridgestone web site, they dont reccommend anything but the 56:super:? for the busa.
Had a talk with the Mitchalin rep the other day who recons their new Pilot HX (I think) is specifcally designed for the busa and offers similar grip to the BT56, but 50% more tyre life.

Andy

Too funny! have you seen the thread on the supercharger? Sounds like I may start a pool as to when the first turbo/SC busa will come about in your garage!!..... :rofl:

BT 10's are a replacment tire (very close to the orig BT 56.  Even better BT is the 12.  it handles a little better.  the list goes on from there.  BT 10's are the most economical, but Pirelli Diablo. Mich's, Metzler are all good. i like the Pirelli's the best for my riding.
Hiya Mike, H.T.H.A.Y. ?

You like the Diablo's for high speed, or twisties? Also Bt12's for the same? Hows the 12's wear?

Kent

I got 8k out of my OEM rear, but the slippage kept me feeling uncomfortable in the corners. So I'm looking at the 010 or 012. It'ld be great to get better traction while also getting close to the same wear/milage. So let me know what you gueys?gals recommend

I have the 010 on the rear and will be putting on the 012 for the the front in about 1000 miles. I think for the kind of roads I ride it will be a good combo.

I've got the stickier bt012ss on the front, and the bt010 on the back. I really like this combo. It's one of the best tire combo's I've ever had for wear and stickiness. Usually if it's sticky, it wears fast, but this one is the exception.

Back