Bridgestone Battlax T30

ve3nsv

Registered
Anybody else running these tires? I had these put on at the end of last years season so no real experience with them. My only issue so far is I can break the rear loose in first gear religiously but they're still relatively new and it's still quite cold here.

I'm running one on the back right now in the 190 55 series. I've pushed it pretty hard in the mountains with no problems, knee down action. It's the replacement for the 023's and I've been running them for years. I run super sport tires up front with the touring tire out back. Most people say I'm a very smooth rider, never stick it then pin it type. They are harder than the Roadsmarts but they work fine for my riding. Roadsmarts are the only rear tire that I've worn out the sides before the center.

what are you doing in 1st gear, I use 1st to get rolling then play from 2nd onwards.....check the suspension balance if its doing it all the time...maybe not enough weight over the rear as such....too much Comp damping

Mate has the T30's on a 09' Firebalde and did 4 track days last year on them...yes they marked up and got a bit lively after a few sessions but his lap times where barely 1s off those on stickier stuff.
He thinks they are great tyres for his needs....2nd season on them and he used to go through 2 or 3 sets of sporty tyres per season.
His bike used to be solely for dry weather but after getting caught out and sliding off 2yrs ago in the rain after a track day on shredded sports tyres he swears by the T30's for getting him home regardless of the weather.
I've the rival PR4's on all my bikes and love them.

Back