Bridgestone Battlax S21

gsxrchris

Registered
Anyone got experience of using the new Bridgetsone S21 tyres?

I'm planning to upgrade fom the standard Battlax BT 015's (UK market)

Also, any thoughts on increasing the rear tyre size to Battlax S21 200/55 17 (78W) ?

(I guess I will need a change of rear sprocket to maintain the drive ratio?)

Ps, I use the bike for fast road and twisty riding.

I don't with that tire but I have recently put on a set of the Michelin PR4 GTs on my Connie and they are good to the pegs scrubbing...they are good for miles too!

I currently run the battle ax and I am impressed with the tire. I've had several different brands and by far this battle ax is worth it's salt. I love peg scraping and also 1/4 mile dashes, on top of that my hayabusa is a daily driver.
This is a lot to ask from any tire and still get life out of it. But hey, that's my two cents.

I've just finished a ride out on my new S21's and have to say, i think they suit the bike. Very neutral steering and seem very planted... the shape of them means you seem to have less of the "drop onto it's side" feeling i noticed with the S20's.. your steering input determines the level of lean more if that makes sense.. mid corner you feel like you are more in charge... very stable.

Only thing else i'd say is there's a definate lack of feel of small bumps compared to the S20's... if you're a "feelie front" type person, have a go first.. they are a lot different to say the Pirelli's i had on before.

Jza

Battlax r210 on my rear, if it's any warmer than 65-70 I can't get this thing to spin at all! Wear is very good. 200 seems a little big for twisties though no? 190/55 here.

I have the Bridgestone S21 on my current bike at the moment and I am pretty impressed with them they drop in to corners beautifully I feel better the the BT 023 did Of course the tyres are fairly new at the moment so time will tell how they perform when they have a few ks on them :thumbsup:

I have the Bridgestone S21 on my current bike at the moment and I am pretty impressed with them they drop in to corners beautifully I feel better the the BT 023 did Of course the tyres are fairly new at the moment so time will tell how they perform when they have a few ks on them :thumbsup:

Just replaced a set of S21Rs with PR5s....my S21s were toast and I wasn't real impressed with them as they wore, they were good when new though.

I would get a lot of rear tire "slither" as it got older and started to lose traction and the front started to feel odd in the corners as it wore in a "crown" shape....I got about 4500kms on them.

Just replaced a set of S21Rs with PR5s....my S21s were toast and I wasn't real impressed with them as they wore, they were good when new though.

I would get a lot of rear tire "slither" as it got older and started to lose traction and the front started to feel odd in the corners as it wore in a "crown" shape....I got about 4500kms on them.

Thanks yellow for the feedback I keep an eye on them So you think the PR5 are better ? :thumbsup:

Thanks yellow for the feedback I keep an eye on them So you think the PR5 are better ? :thumbsup:
I sure do so far....

Even when the S21s were new, if they weren't warmed up well, they would get squirrelly pretty easy.

I would use my laser temp gun on them after a run and their temps were 20-25'F lower than the Michelins in the same conditions.

My bike would never bring the front tire up with the S21s as they wouldn't hook, I have no problem bringing it up with the PR5s as they hook really well.

Back