brendanp is evil!

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I was actually having a very hard time bringing up the nose with stock gearing... now with 17/43 the sucker will come up easy! Too easy! I yanked it a little harder in 1st and it flew up (scared the sh@# out of me) to about a 45 degree angle and I hit my helmet on the windscreen when it came down!! haha! I wasn't expecting it to shoot up like that... but it's all cool. I hope I don't get addicted to bringing it up every ride....

Thanks brendanp... 43 is evil!

Careful dood! As much shid as we give you, none of us wants to see you go down.
Having said that, what a rush, huh?
SHOCKED.gif

To much throttle on lift off dude :-) Your 43T sprocket does make considerable difference in performance. Chopping the throttle is what gives you a black eye from the wind screen.

Just be easy to begin with and try only bringing it up a few inches and hold a bit of throttle on until she sets back down.

Wheelies are a gas but don't try doing a twelve oclock the first week :-)

Brendan has a dvd by Kyle Wood called "Wheelies by Dummies" I'd suggest you get your own copy and watch it a few dozen times!

the 16 tooth would equal two in the back, then if you add the 42 plus 2 it would be the same as 44 in the rear. it would pull a wheelie with a less throttle than the 17/43.

(thepushercg @ Sep. 14 2006,17
super.gif
) the 16 tooth would equal two in the back, then if you add the 42 plus 2 it would be the same as 44 in the rear. it would pull a wheelie with a  less throttle than the 17/43.
16 front is more like going up to a 42.5 in the back with a 17 front.

If you were to have a 15 front and a 45 rear...1 front + or -  equals 3 in the rear
wink.gif

Gear ratios

stock
17/40 = 2.352
17/43 = 2.529
16/42 = 2.625

I have a 16/45 right now and it won't wheelie.. but of course I also extended it 7 ".
race.gif

17/43 is evil enough for me right now... and it saved me from having to buy 2.

Wow,this is the first I have seen of this thread!!! A whole thread in my honor!!
Just be careful dood,like steven said,practice going up a little at a time and try to hold it a bit furthur.You dont want to go up too high when learning.And please be dang careful,I dont need your father blaming me for your death too!!!

on my old zx6r, i ran out of gas while riding a wheelie and the bike slammed down and i hit my head on the key and broke it off, in the off position. that sucked.

Be careful dont flip it over on ya. That is why it is geared the way it is from the factory and mapped soft.
SHOCKED.gif

Back