Brembo Brake Resevoirs

busa_boy_69

Registered
OKay I have seen a few guys running these on their bikes. I am not sure what the gains in them are but I really like the look of them. They look like the litre bikes. I would like to put one on my bike but was wanting to know if you guys knew what the gains were? Are they good or bad to use? And if I was gonna do one what CC size to order for the Busa.

Thanks for your inputs.

Can you see this?

busatop.jpg

Charles, what does the set cost with all mounting brackets?

Oh...And your Yosh Tank is just sick....
bowdown.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong here,but in order to run the 'cups',you also have to change out your clutch/brake mastercylinders as well....Can become costly right?

(brendanp @ Sep. 21 2006,02:59) Correct me if I'm wrong here,but in order to run the 'cups',you also have to change out your clutch/brake mastercylinders as well....Can become costly right?
Oh I had not heard this. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also on kneedraggers the options on sizes for ordering are

30cc and 45cc

I don't see anything about a 19x20

Think of it this way,right now the clutch/brake resovior is all part of the master cylinder,you know,where the levers attach. How are you going to take off the stock resovior and relpace with the new cups without having to change out the whole set up.
Dont forget you also have electric stuff that plugs into them too!

I believe that is referring to the master cylinder...

Ok here is the link to the thread where I did mine.

To answer a few questions.

Improvement- very much. Switching to the 19 x 20 pump was the same braking gain as do the braided lines and HH pads.

Have to change the M/C to use the cup reservoir- yes

Guys, I cannot emphasize what an improvement this is. I tip the scales at 340 and those that have seen me ride know I have to use the brakes alot on the street and track.

If you have any questions, let me know.

(busa_boy_69 @ Sep. 21 2006,03:51)
(brendanp @ Sep. 21 2006,02:59) Correct me if I'm wrong here,but in order to run the 'cups',you also have to change out your clutch/brake mastercylinders as well....Can become costly right?
Oh I had not heard this. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also on kneedraggers the options on sizes for ordering are

30cc and 45cc

Its not the "cups" that give your bike better braking, its the master cyclinder.

Why would you only want to change out the "cups"??

Looks...

here is mine I run both clutch & brake w/ Rizoma reservoirs in black sorry no pics yet

19x20 is the brake m/c
I'd have to look it up but I believe I'm running a 16x18 on the clutch

as far as the running the cups & not the m/c
I don't know...you would have to remove the oem m/c
and I honestly don't know of any benefits to just changing the reservoirs
I'm pretty sure we thought you were talking about all of the above

CHARLES YOU GOT ANY CLOSEUP SHOTS OF HOW YOU MOUNTED YOUR RESERVOIRS? I NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR MINE.

and those mirrors are Magical Racing. I got a set from Charles. very nice...CF...very trick

DSCN0923__Small_.JPG

(ksana @ Sep. 21 2006,20:18) CHARLES YOU GOT ANY CLOSEUP SHOTS OF HOW YOU MOUNTED YOUR RESERVOIRS? I NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR MINE.
There is a close up of mine in the link above. I do not know if it will work with the Rizoma res or not.....Just trying to help....

(vman1300 @ Sep. 21 2006,21:21)
(ksana @ Sep. 21 2006,20:18) CHARLES YOU GOT ANY CLOSEUP SHOTS OF HOW YOU MOUNTED YOUR RESERVOIRS? I NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR MINE.
There is a close up of mine in the link above. I do not know if it will work with the Rizoma res or not.....Just trying to help....
thanks bro

actually the Rizomas come w/ a bracket almost identical to the one you have there
I know I'm gonna have to bend it, just trying to weigh my options: on what to attach it to...might have to get possibly longer bolts for my clip-ons & try that

thanks again

(ksana @ Sep. 21 2006,22:09) thanks bro

actually the Rizomas come w/ a bracket almost identical to the one you have there
I know I'm gonna have to bend it, just trying to weigh my options: on what to attach it to...might have to get possibly longer bolts for my clip-ons & try that

thanks again
That bracket I used was from a ZX636. I was able to use the shock clip on bolt.

Back