Breaks

hayabusa317

Registered
Looking for decent breaks. Usually I buy OEM, I know there are a couple of companies out there that are leading.
But wondered if I can get some good opions here.

You do not want any breaks on your bike, breaks are bad OK :laugh:

EBC and Galfer brakes are popular OEM replacements

I get my breaks with the dirt bike (ribs, MCLs, etc..).
For brakes on both the Busa and the DB, I use EBC HHs.:thumbsup:

Looking for decent breaks. Usually I buy OEM, I know there are a couple of companies out there that are leading.
But wondered if I can get some good opions here.

Mike, what specifically are you looking for? Do you just need some new brake pads? OEM pads btw are semi-metallics. We actually don't recommend this for the Busa, and we all are commonly running HH Sintered pads on the front (the term HH is just a heat rating) which are more stopping power than the OEM semi-metallics.

Brake Pads are here

Img_5186_F_250.jpg

Have you swapped out your stock rubber lines to braided stainless steel ones? We have stock silver on hand, but encourage riders to go custom colors (free upgrade!), that we rarely ship any of the stock silver color.

That should be one of the very first mods you should do to your bike is toss those rubber lines. It's a 550lb beast with 165+ HP so stopping power should be a primary concern with this bike.

Brake Line upgrades are here

Img_1125_GalferLines_800.jpg

Img_5186_F_250.jpg

Img_1125_GalferLines_800.jpg

And are you thinking the Full Monty and you want to go aftermarket rotors?

Galfer Wave Rotors are very popular with board members - We have these in stock for Gen-I & Gen-II. I have the Wave Rotor on the rear and love the look. Can see LOTS of PHOTOS of Galfer Wave rotors on Hayabusa's here.

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

Galfer is also one of the few that offer a Chrome Wave Rotor for the front. Mike & Rod have them and have lots of shots of their bikes they'd love to share with you. ;)

bigbod1.jpg

mike1.jpg

galfer-wave-chrome-rotor1_800.jpg

EBC XC Contour Rotors are slightly less cost but excellent rotors for those trying to keep things under $500 -

EBC Rotors for Hayabusa are here

EBC does not offer a chrome version, but they do have a polished version if you like that look.

EBC is also one of the few companies that makes an OEM replacement rotor for the Hayabusa if you just want the round.

ebc_contour_xc_400_busa.jpg

CIMG0627.JPG

brokeasswhiteboy_1_800.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_400_busa.jpg

CIMG0627.JPG

bigbod1.jpg

mike1.jpg

galfer-wave-chrome-rotor1_800.jpg

Moto-Master Flame Rotors are UK-based and relatively new to US market. Not a lot people are familiar with these. But we can get matched F/R sets & have shipped them.

Moto-Master Flames are here.

motomaster_rotor_12_640.jpg

busa_1.jpg

139.jpg

busa_3.jpg

18.10.2009.03 059.jpg

busa_4.jpg

Bremzen Rotors are also new & can ship you these too.

Bremzen_wave_rotors.jpg

Bremzen_wave_rotors3_500.jpg

motomaster_rotor_12_640.jpg

busa_1.jpg

139.jpg

busa_3.jpg

18.10.2009.03 059.jpg

busa_4.jpg

Bremzen_wave_rotors.jpg

Bremzen_wave_rotors3_500.jpg

Lastly, if you did want to go the Full Monty. Let us know. :bowdown::bowdown: Have whipped up package deals a bunch of times with various combos of rotors, lines & pads in one shipment.

:easy:

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

And we didn't even get to Accossato Master Cylinders. :lol: Another thread maybe.:laugh:

accosato-mastercylinders.jpg

ebc_contour_xc_busa_800.jpg

accosato-mastercylinders.jpg

Hey..I know that one bike MULLET:rofl:
Yep I love my chrome Galfer wave rotors...just with I had a BST carbon rim behind them to set off the chrome rotor:laugh:

DSCN1533.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

Lastly, if you did want to go the Full Monty. Let us know. :bowdown::bowdown: Have whipped up package deals a bunch of times with various combos of rotors, lines & pads in one shipment.

:easy:

View attachment 179673

And we didn't even get to Accossato Master Cylinders. :lol: Another thread maybe.:laugh:

View attachment 179679

Tim,
I am interested in some Galfer Superbike rotors and pads. I have some BST wheels on the way, and I can't get myself to bolt the stock rotors on them :) Do you have a package for those?

Back