breaking news

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Trijicon announces they will stop using biblical verses on Acogs as serial numbers.
They will also issue kits to troops to file the serial numbers off of ones currently used.
It makes troops more likely to be attacked is what CNN/Trijicon are now saying if left on.
It also violates the rules of war as Rick Sanchez says..???

The value of mine just went up !

That's ridiculous. I'm sure troops are more likely to be attacked by a guy that probably has never read the bible, can't read english, and surely wouldn't ever get close enough to the optic to read it. This what I didn't want to happen. A big deal made out of something so insignificant. How about we really reduce the chance of an attack and get the heck outta there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Airdrop 100,000 pigs into AFG.
Muslims scared of pigs.
Turn pigs loose..
Taliban run away.
Troops have massive BBQ in the pit to celebrate...:rofl:

It is silly...

Looks like in the battle of profit vs. principal.....profit wins.

Airdrop 100,000 pigs into AFG.
Muslims scared of pigs.
Turn pigs loose..
Taliban run away.
Troops have massive BBQ in the pit to celebrate...:rofl:

It is silly...

you know, i dont care if it works or not...is PC or not, is against the geneva convention or not.....

ANYTHING that ends in a massive pig roasts is A OK BY ME!

had a whole hog roast at the end of last summer... it was so tasty....:beerchug:

they wouldnt be allowed to do that either. I'm sure that the P.C. folks would frown on our troops having a hog roast because they'd see it as mocking the islams not eating pig.

Looks like in the battle of profit vs. principal.....profit wins.

Maybe... I hope it was more like this

On one hand, you want to stand up for your religious beliefs and the right to incorporate them into your product.

On the other hand, threatened with losing your DOD contracts, you want the troops to be equipped with the best tools for the job so that they can be highly effective warriors and come home safe.

Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways.

Dino, I hope you're wrong, but I fear you may be correct. If you're right, I wonder how the founder of Trijicon would've felt about his son's decision.

Last edited:
Let's see... new Senator gets elected in Mass., a tornado was sighted in Long Beach, some lunatic shoots 8 people in Virginia... and THIS gets a boatload of press??

ABC News – Secret Jesus Bible Codes on U.S. Military Weapons
Uh, ABC... slow news day? Can you get any more melodramatic? You'd think Dan Brown would be their next interview. I didn't see the original ABC story but here's the transcript. I rarely watch broadcast news because of hatchet jobs and hyperbolae like this in journalism. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...es-military-gu
(Yes, I know it's a conservative website but it's nice to see the other side of a news story once in a while)

"Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found."
Sounding real sinister there, buddy.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's not a code if everyone knows what you're talking about? Heck, the most jaded non-Christian in the world knows Jn 3:16 is some bible verse or wrestlers slogan. I can imagine how the in-depth "investigation" took place:

*Phone rings*

"Trijicon, Inc. How can I help you?"

"ABC News. Are you putting biblical codes on your rifle sights... yes or no!"

"Uh, yes."

"And why are you doing such a thing?"

"Uh... 'cause we want to?"

"Do you see any problem with this?"

"Uh, no."

"Uh... Well you should!" *click*

Talk about making something out of nothing.

"U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents."
I think if an Iraqi insurgent or member of al Qaeda ever meets a Marine carrying a rifle with a Trijicon sight, I don't think the Marine will be in the act of proselytizing. Besides, they're OUR rifles, not theirs. How the heck would they know, anyway? Wait a sec... they know NOW. Haven't we just did what we were scared was going to happen? Nice to have these watchdogs on the job. So where were they when our banks were pillaging and plundering our pockets or when Madoff was getting his monetary freak on? Nice spending so much time on something so insignificant.

Now they're on to our sinister plan! It was such a good secret the ARMY didn't even know it was going on! It's a CIA plot!

It's tacked on at the end of the product number. A Christian would see it and say, "cool". A non-Christian would see it and say... nothing. I challenge you to find any Christian that says, "Hey, I think I'm going to go out and show people the model number of my rifle scope and lead them to Christ! They'll be converted to Christianity by having them read the "code" stamped on the side of something that meant to blow a 6 inch hole in them. That'll get us converts!".

When we start carpet-bombing printed sermons from Greg Laurie or silkscreen "Repent, the end is near" on the sides of our Abrams tanks, get back to me. We'll have something to talk about. Until then we have a lot more to worry about.

The funniest thing about all this is that the Army didn't even know what they were talking about and they've been buying these scopes for years.

We've been wearing clothing with Japanese and Chinese symbols on them for years and 98% of Americans have no idea what they mean. They could say, "Buddha Rocks" for all we know. They're not getting bent outta shape about it.

But the most important thing to think about is this:
It's a freakin' private company doing something THEY want to do just like ICON puts a religious medallion in the inner pocket of their jackets. Why aren't all we riders up in arms? Because we have a choice. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't eat at Chick-fil-A. Don't buy Hebrew National hotdogs. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm really saddened to hear how PC we've become.
I'm sure the company weighed the jobs of their employees v. their private convictions. Welcome to the new reality. Last one out please turn the lights off.

I like the idea of the pig drop, think we should also dip our ammo in hog lard, & drop pig whatever we got until it takes the fun out of things for these enemy. I read somewhere that England did something like that years ago to end a conflict with the muslims, No virgins wait for you once you marinate in pig pee...

I like the idea of the pig drop, think we should also dip our ammo in hog lard, & drop pig whatever we got until it takes the fun out of things for these enemy. I read somewhere that England did something like that years ago to end a conflict with the muslims, No virgins wait for you once you marinate in pig pee...

snopes.com: Pershing and Pigs

Back