break pads

teamorion22

Registered
I have been thinking I should buy oem pads. What break pads do you recommend for the front break on my 07 busa?

It all depends on what type of rider you are. I changed my OEM pads for EBC. On the street they feel and perform the same. On the track the OEM pads would begin to fade after a couple of fast laps. The EBC HH pads don't fade as fast.

I'm using Galfer HH brake pads on front, and Semi met. on rear.

I use EBC HH on the front, stock on the rear since I seldom ever use it. If you want better brakes on the front, get some (any brand will do) braided stainless brake lines. They make a HUGH difference in braking force and modulation ability. One of the best, usable mods you can do.:thumbsup:

I use EBC HH front and rear. With braided lines, she stops on a dime.

I got the Carbone Lorraine pads to replace.

:beerchug:

They're 'sintered' (process to form a mass by heating without melting); I've had them installed and 'cured' for about a month.

Highly recommended.

let me know before you buy....

I have brakes from the shop's old shelves I have been looking to get rid of.

timonium2008147.jpg

Picture537.jpg

EBC HH. I have tried most of the pads out there. EBC's have proven them selves time and time again.

I now have Carbon Lorraine SBK5...I had the galfer GG pads for rotor life...they suxed. Wore out in 3500 miles and did nothing in the rain.

I will be finally putting on my ABM rotors this weekend as well.

I use to be a EBC fan and still am, good stuff. However, a couple years ago my son came home from a race weekend, tossed me a set of SBS Sinter Grip Race pads and said "Here, try these, I think you'll like them". I haven't used EBC since. I found the SBS pads to keep that crisp brake feeling far longer than the EBC HH.

If you mix a few track days into your street riding, you should at least try a set of SBS Sinter Grip pads. If I'm going to do several track days in a row, I change to the SBS Full Race pads as they hold up better in the heat but work poorly on the streets.

Last edited:
Have used EBC HH until just recently. runeight bought a set of Carbon Lorraine front and rear pads for me, I absolutely love them. Will not use anything else from now on:thumbsup:

Back