break light wont come on wtf

Does it not come on at all or just not when you hit the brakes?

If it doesn't get brighter when you hit the brakes, check the plug on the front lever. If that's good, check the sensor on the foot pedal. One is probably stuck ON... ;)

Much info needed for the experts to help you!

Year,
Mileage,
Battery life?,
rearsets org,
lever changes,
the list goes on.

Please elaborate and pics may be warranted!
Oh and

:welcome:
Bubba

No light at all or just the brake light?
Check the fuse? (under left inner cowling)
Any chance you pinched/pulled wiring in the rear cowling?

Need more info bud!

If he has running lights and the rear sensor is out of postion,,,He would still have a brake light by applying the front brake lever,
correct lever postioning and rear brake leveling pics and specs are in the manual.,,,,Unless [got busa] is talking about something different that im not aware of,,,,Since his brake light isnt stuck on ,because of misaligned rear/front switch,,,then he would have a brake light come on when applying the front brake,,,,I'd swap out the bulb first,,,,Im not at my bike to see what else runs on that fuse,,but I doubt thats the problem,,I;d swap out the bulb,,,,looks can be decieving,,,,Got busa may be right,,but I dont know of any other sensor,,

Last edited:
By reading post #9 He indicated that he had running lights and not brakes lights,,leading me to believe that his brake lights were not stuck on,,,,,,either way,,Im glad you got it fixed,,,Also animal69,,beings that you had this problem refer to my upper post#13,,,I would refer to page 76 of your OM,,,chances are your rear brake pedal is also out of postioning,and will cause the brake pads to have constant contact with the rotoar,,your rear light being out of adjustment indicates this may be an issue ,,look on page 76 for correct RB adj height

Last edited:
you was right i turned that piece to the right and the light went dimm thanks bro

9 out of 10 that's the problem! Glad you got her solved but make sure you check your pedal and sensor adjustments as bobber has recommended in case something is out of wack... :beerchug:

Ok I was doing a search for my problem and came across this....kinda similar to this gentlemans problem.
I have lights, my rear break works fine when pressing the rear break pedal( meaning it beats brighter) but when pushing my front break lever, the break light stays as such( not getting brighter). Now I do notices that when I turn on right signal it blinks very fast, but when signaling the left one it is a regular blinking speed. Any answer on this matter?
Thanks
Deephi

Back