Break in

Kemyl

Registered
The protocol I have (short form) says 15 minutes at at a crack and let cool. 30 minutes from 200 - 500. Everythings below 5000rpm. It's eating my heart. nawing at the very foundations of my soul, beckoning me to the dark side, I can feel myself slipping... Any way to ride longer after 200 without excessive degradation - Captain? Narc? Kneb? Ninja?

viking

Registered
I've had mine for 4 months and i had the same concerns. I just kept it below the 5000rpm for 600 miles and didn't labour it. Accelerated and let it rev 3500 to 4000 most times before shifting up. Didn't accelerate too hard either. Rode to work and back for the short trips for cooling etc. Changed up and down gears a lot for the transmission. Basiclly just ride very gently for a while. After the 600 i started opening it up a little but not too much and after i hit 1000 i rode it normally.

Viking

73nova355

Registered
'normally'

lol

when i broke in the motor in my car...hehehe..i was 16. first real motor i've been behind. i was drivin the nova with a 100 hp strait six. pwoered me to a 'evil' 18.9 in teh 1/4
biggrin.gif

but as soon as i broke her cam in the 355 i rebuilt for her..i couldnt resist but get all up in the rpms. lol
her first hour lived she already saw the bright side of five grand touchin 6.

ithink if i had ever driven a fast car before i might not have done it so much, but heyu only live once..motors can be rebuilt but how many chances did i have to be 16 and stupid and have fun??
tounge.gif

i've ridden a 12Rbefore so i've ridden a quick biek and all..and if i get a new busa (which i wont)i'll break it in. but im wanting one when im 21 or around then ( a lil more than 2 yrs away). mabye i'll get a 2000? i love the 2001 paint scheme though how it hooks down, like a hayabusa's beak . soo soo cool.

ok now im rambling...sorry to post this but that wasthe only time i broke a motor in
lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown Break up the Covid boredom with...Question/Answer period Random Thoughts 9
U Why do I need to do my break in oil change at 300 miles for my 18 cbr1krr? General Bike Related Topics 7
D Rear break set help General Bike Related Topics 8
Bigpopa64 How to break in break pads and new rotors General Bike Related Topics 6
D Which part of the clutch assembly did I break? Busa problems 6
Z break in? 09 busa Gen II Busa Information 6
M Busa Gen 2 Chain Break Busa problems 10
Smokey74 Want To Break 200 Mph On Gen1 Top Speed 52
Jay boogie Break Fluid Spray Busa problems 5
gurrera Fender Skirts And Supper Take A 2 Minute Break And View... Random Thoughts 3
c10 Spring Break . Took The Day Off For Some Riding With My Son . General Bike Related Topics 11
HOOKDADDY Front break calipers General Bike Related Topics 5
HOOKDADDY anyone know the dimension of the gen1 05 front break rotors Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 4
HOOKDADDY ?do anyone remember the member that was making rear break fluid cyclender Busa Mods 8
GsxrBots Anyone remember the break dancing days of the 80's? Random Thoughts 17
D_phi_D Break light not getting brighter when pushing the front break lever General Bike Related Topics 6
P Please help break problem Busa problems 14
Bignose Back after a short break!! New Owners Forum 16
stretchabusa A short break in Cornwal (UK) Beach & Bodmin Moore.l Random Thoughts 8
H break rotors General Bike Related Topics 7
J Tire Break-in Tires 7
jumbojimbo slight break squeak! busa is brand new General Bike Related Topics 10
Matte_Black How to break-in a new glove Riding Gear 11
sleepless_red Bathroom break Videos 14
M caught a break tonight Random Thoughts 7
skydivr Obama sends 13 YO Daughter to Spring Break in Mexico at Taxpayer's expense? Random Thoughts 47
fallenarch Break Window With Onw Finger? Videos 5
ditchdr Had to take a break from school work Random Thoughts 6
Blanca BusaLess First time ever caught on video! Break Dancing Vampire! Random Thoughts 10
Sous Had a break in at the house tonight.... Random Thoughts 71
S Break in a busa in C mode? General Bike Related Topics 8
outlawbusa chain break tool Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
tico1340 Wheel break off Videos 20
Runinwithscisrs Break-in Oil Changes Gen II Busa Information 18
H how many miles to break in corbin? Gen II Busa Information 16
S Break-in New Owners Forum 4
houstonbussa Batteries and break out box. Busa Mods 9
racerV Buel trying to break out of his HarD shell. General Bike Related Topics 33
busa186 did i break her? General Bike Related Topics 11
F Does a gel seat "break in" Appearance mods 8
HillbillyTom Don't Break Your Speedo/TachGuage Module.. General Bike Related Topics 22
P New tire break in Tires 13
semi About to break her in! General Bike Related Topics 32
Dan S1000RR break in complete General Bike Related Topics 60
V Break Bleeding or Fixing - Help General Bike Related Topics 10
ANIMAL69 break light wont come on wtf Gen II Busa Information 19
woodrrow break problems General Bike Related Topics 19
mestona What are you guys using to break/rivet chains? General Bike Related Topics 23
bigmac0331 Spring Break General Bike Related Topics 18
redkat05 !BREAK! Sometimes I just feel like...... Random Thoughts 84