Break-in secrets

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Oh boy! Now you've done it... You've reopened the "break-in" can o' worms! Hehehehehehe...
laugh.gif
The "break 'er in softly" crowd will crap their pants.
wink.gif

I've always pretty much broke my toys in HARD. I can't remember ever buying a new Mustang that I didn't leave the dealership in sideways and power shiftin' with the gas pedal buried in the the carpet... Most of 'em got that treatment on the test drive. The local sales guys stopped ridin' with me when I test drove 'em.
biggrin.gif

My stangs and other cages always ran slightly better numbers at the track than most other stockers and never used oil, smoked, whatever... I never contributed that to my break-in until several months ago when I read that link you just posted. Then it all made sense. I pretty much followed the same procedure with my busa when it was new, too.

So, I think you're on track.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wow.gif
OH BOY.....sounds like I've stirred the pot on a hot topic. Well after trying it several different ways, reading this article, made sense sounded logical. I changed the oil after 20 miles like the article said, I could not believe what I saw. The oil sparkled like marbled glitter, it was complete full of aluminum and other medals the filter did not remove, it was an education. Anyway, it is just my opinion, everyone is entitle to theirs, not trying to make trouble
blush.gif

Yup, I believe that's the way to go too.... I didn't follow his instructions since I found the info too late for my break in, but I don't baby my stuff either... just give 'er, is my motto!!
biggrin.gif

wow.gif
OH BOY.....sounds like I've stirred the pot on a hot topic. Well after trying it several different ways, reading this article, made sense sounded logical. I changed the oil after 20 miles like the article said, I could not believe what I saw. The oil sparkled like marbled glitter, it was complete full of aluminum and other medals the filter did not remove, it was an education. Anyway, it is just my opinion, everyone is entitle to theirs, not trying to make trouble
blush.gif
Yeah, considering the epidemic of cabin fever goin' around lately you just might get hunted down and killed for this just for the winter time entertainment value of it.
wink.gif

race.gif
Last year just before I purchased my new 03 silver/gray Busa, a friend turned me on to a web site with some interesting engine break-in info. I applied these principles and found them to be true.
umnik.gif
Thought I would share this info. just go to this web address below.....let me know what you think
biggrin.gif
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
Original message by busa-ss

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077129099 -->

post_6_81310_busa_3.jpg

yeah I didn't read that until it was too late also.... my bike will be super slow now
laugh.gif

I agree with most of the article other than I don't like to hit high RPMs on break ins. Think of it this way, he is correct on the fact that the cylinder press. is what pushes the rings agains the cylinder wall. But, do you have to hit max RPMs to achieve this? No. Low RPM max throttle is what I prefer. If you wanted something sanded perfectly smooth, do you want the fastest sander, or good even pressure?

As far as the oil change, I agree 100%, but one question. Conserning oil changes, how do they affect your warranty? Are you supposed to have it serviced by Suzuki to retain your warranty?

the dealer told me to ride the som bitch like i'm gonna ride it every day so when i pulled out of the dealership i was on 1 tire and haulin ass about 110 mph. What the hell its got a full 1 year head to tail warranty, plus every commercial i've ever seen about the busa they damn sure weren't going slow.
devil.gif

Is it just me, or did my reply jump to the top for everyone in this thread?
rock.gif
Here's a screen shot of what I'm gettin'... How the fug did this happen?
rock.gif

howthefug.jpg

rock.gif

Nah, I think Ninja Eater is behind this. Seems he reposted the original post. WTF NE?
rock.gif
Somethin' go wrong with this thread or what? Just curious. Never seen this happen.

Great...now I'm confused (AGAIN)!
tounge.gif
Strange things going on lately around here...

I agree with most of the article other than I don't like to hit high RPMs on break ins.  Think of it this way, he is correct on the fact that the cylinder press. is what pushes the rings agains the cylinder wall.  But, do you have to hit max RPMs to achieve this?  No.  Low RPM max throttle is what I prefer.  If you wanted something sanded perfectly smooth, do you want the fastest sander, or good even pressure?

As far as the oil change, I agree 100%, but one question.  Conserning oil changes, how do they affect your warranty?  Are you supposed to have it serviced by Suzuki to retain your warranty?
thumbs-up.gif
I hear you.....I think the key is to keep the pressure up in the compustion chamber, at red line or below, accelerating or decelerating, I think it all works. The main point is to get the rings to sit before the sitting material in the chamber is gone, and to remove the contaminate oil w/all the suppended metals before they coat the internal parts of the engine. Warranty.....you must have your 600 mile service performed by a certified deal to mantain your warranty.....:D

Back