Break in problem

biggrin.gif
...ok mjn

i still feel a good hard break-in is the way to go. Putting a good "load" on the engine should seet them rings just fine. Perhaps speed shifting and real high rrr's without having a load on the engine would not be wise.

I broke mine in very hard...... see above post and make your own decision. Good luck and congrats

I only have 300 miles on mine and I've had it to 8k a couple of times and quite a few times around 7k.

I took the advise of some and ride it like I stole it. If the engine has trouble in the first year I will let you know.

got my brand new 06 busa bout 4 days ago,just got 200miles on her, but already took her to 7000rpms twice for a second maybe i didnt hold it long...and as a result i feel guilty of doin this but shes just too damn sweet to ride...im trying to stick to the correct break in process from today...

has my baby suffered any harm  
sad.gif
7k rpm? LOL

You probably did more good than harm.

rock.gif
dont give me ideas guys, im feeling real bored at 4grand rpm's

and ive seen two zx10's (brand new) with theie engines on the floor... could it have been a hard break in?

sure wouldnt want my first overhaul in a years time:;):

so should i just give her an oilchange and raise the revs a bit..7 to 8grand rpm's feels better than stuck at 4 i can live in that range till i get 600miles on her
smile.gif

i still feel a good hard break-in is the way to go. Putting a good "load" on the engine should seet them rings just fine. Perhaps speed shifting and real high rrr's without having a load on the engine would not be wise.

I broke mine in very hard...... see above post and make your own decision. Good luck and congrats
BROKE MINE IN HARD AS WELL.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
im just about to warm her up and go for a spin...just checkin in to see whats new here

no redlining, but would be happier in the 7grand area
tounge.gif

took her to about 9 grand for the first time..... does the scenery always shake like that when u open her up?
tounge.gif

oh yes the vibrations are between 4-5 grand after which they vanish right?

Back