Break-in Dyno Run Graph

drlucian

Registered
Broke in my two week old bike today on dyno at local Honda dealer. Had only 260 miles. They put about twenty miles on doing the break-in. Had them do first oil change too (Mobil 1).

Results are shown in attached photo of dyno chart

dyno_graph_a.jpg

167 hp stock?
rock.gif
wow.gif
That's way cool. If that's a good reading and under the same conditions once you pipe it, remove pair valve, add a PCIIIr, and do an air box mod... you should be slightly over 180hp. That would be totally awesome.

Brian

167 hp stock?
rock.gif
wow.gif
 That's way cool.  If that's a good reading and under the same conditions once you pipe it, remove pair valve, add a PCIIIr, and do an air box mod... you should be slightly over 180hp.  That would be totally awesome.

Brian
I doubt he could hit 180 hp with those mods... most people need cams to get that high. and I'm guessing thats a very friendly dyno.

no shid man that looks like the dyno for my car

Looks like a dry shot to me
Prove it post the A/F graph?
better yet what is that correctiom factor number it is too blurred to see

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096793326 -->

Yea I ran my stock 04 on the dyno and posted the results, It was only 152 HPwhich I have been told by many that it is normal. 167 realy seem high.

These are the results I was given. I wasn't even allowed in the dyno room but I did watch through a window. Even in a soundproof room the bike sounded like an airplane as the engine whined/roared at full throttle.

To reply to J Cheese, I don't know what an A/F graph is. That was the only paper they gave me relating to the dyno results. I didn't even know what a dyno was until recently, after reading some of the posts on this site and elsewhere

I told the shop guys that the results are slightly higher than even what Suzuki claims. This place is one of only a handful of shops in Phx that offers this service, my HD dealer recommended them. They told me that my results should serve a baseline for the bike but would not necessarily be a good baseline if I were to have later dyno measurements done elsewhere.

For those that said that atmospheric conditions may have lead to variables. It was about 90 and sunny in Phoenix that day. The elevation is about 1200 feet.

Another factor to consider: My bike is red, now proven to be the fastest color.

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096820328 -->

30dg.JPG

I tell you right now it is not correct due to the correctoin factor is off WAY OFF. look at the graph and the correction factor for that day would be between 1.04-1.06

so what does it figure out to be? I mean with the correction facter and all.
rock.gif

Definately sounds high to me....and the graph seems to look peaky .... my dyno graph was perfectly smooth all the way up and only got 157hp with a full yosh system.

Trust JC
cool.gif
, he knows his stuff but does sound like they were off somewhere .... either way, its a lotta power
wink.gif
but we all know that the black/blue's are the fastest
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

157-161. if I had the uncorrected number. (they should be able to give it to you) and they real weather condition for that day It is easy to fiqure it out.
The 157-161 is based on their correctionmade into uncorrected and then added to the real numbers

Back