Laylas_Mom

Registered
Brazil Man Says Needles Were Meant To Kill Stepson
Toddler Will Have More Surgery In Next Day Or Two
BRADLEY BROOKS, Associated Press Writer
Posted: 9:00 am EST December 20, 2009
Updated: 1:58 am EST December 21, 2009

Comment On This Story ››

RIO DE JANEIRO -- A jailed Brazilian admitted in a television interview that he shoved nearly three dozen sewing needles into his 2-year-old stepson because he wanted to kill the boy to spite his wife.

Speaking from his cell, 30-year-old bricklayer Roberto Carlos Magalhaes told how he doped the child with wine mixed in water, then stuck needles into his body while his lover held the boy down.

"I did this two or three times a week during one month," Magalhaes said in an interview with Globo TV's "Fantastico" program Sunday from a jail in the northeastern state of Bahia.

The boy was too drunk from the wine mixture to cry while the needles were being pushed in, but he felt pain after the alcohol wore off, Magalhaes said.

"It was truly an unbearable suffering," he said. "It was to get back at the boy's mother. I thought the needles would work their way through his body and kill the boy. It was a way to kill without anyone discovering."

But the pain led the toddler to complain to his mother, and on Dec. 10 she took him to a hospital where X-rays revealed about 30 needles lodged throughout his body.

The boy underwent a five-hour operation in the northeastern city of Salvador on Friday to remove four rusty needles that most threatened his life, near his heart and in his lungs.

Doctors said Sunday the child was doing well and would likely undergo two more surgeries, the next one Wednesday at the earliest, to extract needles up to 2 inches (5 centimeters) long from his abdomen and spine.

Suzy Moreno, a spokeswoman for Hospital Ana Nery, said hundreds of people across Brazil had contacted the facility to inquire about the boy.

"Many people are coming by to bring Christmas presents," she said. "Many are also calling us to express their outrage. ... The support has been incredible."

Along with Magalhaes, police believe his lover, Angelina Ribeiro dos Santos, was also seeking revenge on Magalhaes' wife.

The bricklayer told detectives that dos Santos would enter into trances and give him commands to insert the needles, police inspector Helder Fernandes Santana said.

Magalhaes and dos Santos were both arrested, though no charges had been filed. They were taken to an undisclosed location for their own protection after a mob threw stones at the police station where they were being held.

Dos Santos is not believed to be a member of any religious or occult group, and authorities believe the pair came up with the idea on their own.

The boy's name is not being released because of his age.

Brazil Man Says Needles Were Meant To Kill Stepson - Irresistible Headlines News Story - WFTV Orlando

I cant imagine! How can someone do this to a child for any reason?!

How did nobody notice? Are people really that stupid?

wow, i remember reading this on BBC when they didnt know how they got there.
thanks for the follow up.

I quit reading those kinds of stories... It's enough for me to know there are sick people out there i need to protect my kids from. I dont need to know the details...

that guy is lucky i wasn't taking care of him at the jail I would have tossed him cuffed into the crowd an then dragged the corpse back into the cell when they were done... written him off as poetic justice :angry:

Last edited:
i dont think you have to worry about laws. gotta wonder how the public will take care of this guy.

Sick, once someone gets that sick there is no way back. Buy a bullet rent a gun no punishment is fit so lets just improve the world by removing this guy from it.
Speaking from his cell, 30-year-old bricklayer Roberto Carlos Magalhaes told how he doped the child with wine mixed in water, then stuck needles into his body while his lover held the boy down.

Maybe the could even line up his accomplice and get the job done with one shot.

Rising costs of criminal justice system kinda like health care:

Cost of keeping this scumbag alive to 'rehabilitate' : $$millions
Cost of bullet: $.50 (and I'm being generous a .22 would do)

People like that lose the right to remain with civilized society.
There is nothing to redeem.

I still like my idea. Fraction of the cost of what we're doing now:

200 square miles of the most uninhabitable wasteland in the U.S., preferably somewhere in Montana or North Dakota.

One 16" fence surrounding the perimeter (Put some metalworkers to work).

Motion sensors 5 miles inside the fence (The techies get paid, too).

Detach a squad of Marines and a Super Cobra (Call it "training"). Rotate them every 3 months (No need for hog all the free time).

When a perverted scum is convicted, fly him and his other freak, sick, buddies to the middle of the "prison" and drop them off, butt naked (Let them all get their last bit of freakery on with themselves).

Inform them, "You're 100 miles from the fence in any direction. Knock yourselves out. IF you make it to the fence without getting eaten, maimed and survive the elements you will have earned the right to be shot on-sight. See 'ya".

Easiest duty a Marine ever had. Damn cheaper than Death Row or Life.

They should just tie both of them up and stick pins everywhere through out their bodies even in the eyes. Let them see how the little child felt and then put them in one of our jails with the General Pop and let everyone know exactly what they did cause they don't take to kind to people that abuse children and women. They would last a week.

I think of my own little boy and this breaks my heart that people can treat innocent children this way.

Back