Braver than me -- riding twisties with no helmet or gear

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
This evening Sherry and I went up to Bull Shoals Lake for dinner. The road between Flippin and Bull Shoals is beautiful and a perfect Busa road. This rider blew by us and my jaw dropped. He had no helmet or gear. I cannot imagine riding like him, but I'm not from round here:)

By the way if you would like to see how our journey to Eureka Springs is going so far check it out here:)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/2009-eureka-springs/110528-way.html

P1070596.jpg

There are all types of stupid in this world. And it has nothing to do with bravery, that requires integrity. ;)

Yeah, I thought the same thing today when I passed a guy today riding a CBR900 in shorts, flip flops, and no shirt. :poke: He had a lid on, but if would have crashed he would have probably preferred to die rather than be in pain from all that road rash he would have had. Personally with everything we know now, I just can't imagine why anyone would want to be that stupid. :spank:

Juli and I saw a dude the other day riding two, up, he wore the only helmet they had.

Bravery isn't what is required to ride aggressively without a lid, I know because I used to do it:laugh: Lucky I survived that time in my life (when FL 1 st adopted the lidless law) an it only took a pebble in the forehead to knock some sense back in it. Not every one is that lucky. :down:

I dodged a Squirrl .. Saturday afternoon only to end up in the gravel ,to which I lost front and back tire traction .. I ended up sliding to a stop when I hit the guardrailing ... as I sat on one of the logs that are used for the guardrails waiting for a towtruck... I watched A Large amount of bikers / sportriders that were NOT wearing any Gear .. simply amazing .. sitting there counting how many guys wore flipflops ,shorts, tanktops .. Im in Cali .. so a Helmet is a must wear ..
Myself, if I didn't wear a jacket, gloves and Helmet, boots.. lets say I'd be in a Hell of a lot more pain than I'm in from the small amont of roadrash that I .....aquired.
... Simply amazing .

Most of the people I saw today were in shorts and t-shirts. While I was in Overpark Ks. Most of them didn't even have a helmet on.

I dodged a Squirrl .. Saturday afternoon only to end up in the gravel ,to which I lost front and back tire traction .. I ended up sliding to a stop when I hit the guardrailing ... as I sat on one of the logs that are used for the guardrails waiting for a towtruck... I watched A Large amount of bikers / sportriders that were NOT wearing any Gear .. simply amazing .. sitting there counting how many guys wore flipflops ,shorts, tanktops .. Im in Cali .. so a Helmet is a must wear ..
Myself, if I didn't wear a jacket, gloves and Helmet, boots.. lets say I'd be in a Hell of a lot more pain than I'm in from the small amont of roadrash that I .....aquired.
... Simply amazing .

Glad to hear you are OK.

My kids asked me the other day, while watching some WWII footage, how people could be so brave. While discussing that, my youngest, he's nine, asked what bravery was. The very simple definition I use is:

Doing something that involves great risk because if one did not the end result could be catastrophic.

"Doing something that involves great risk" without the rest of the definition is just being stupid.

:cheerleader:

I see that all the time riding in Colorado's high country . It's mostly the cruisers that ride w/o gear though . Which I think is laughable given all the blind corners,ever changing weather,poor roads,and sightseeing cagers . Not to mention the temperture drops on some of these roads due to the altitude change .

Back