Brand new stock 2012 Busa at the track

Video

The video wasn't great but here's a glimpse. I was trying to catch the guy in front to no avail. Everyone else was somewhere behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time. Look at the pic of my helmet, I had the freaking Gopro pointed at the ground! I didn't account for what angle the helmet would be in riding position. Duh. I can post that if you really wanna see:laugh:
I see, love tire boogers, glad you had fun.

Glad you're enjoying the new bike as it should be! :thumbsup:

I'll never get as comfortable leaning the 14R as I did on my Busas. In my opinion, the overall feel of the Busa is definitely better for aggressive twisty stuff.

More video with rider down near end

Busa making friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot dang, I am disappointed. I watched both videos with intensity. Excited to see this beast spinning up in corners constantly. Two videos and not one single time did the tire break loose. Looked more like a third gear sunday cruise. :dunno:

Hot dang, I am disappointed. I watched both videos with intensity. Excited to see this beast spinning up in corners constantly. Two videos and not one single time did the tire break loose. Looked more like a third gear sunday cruise. :dunno:

Tuff, sorry to disappoint. Yes, it was a Sunday cruise in 3rd gear. I had no Gopro until about the 4th session where I let myself get used to a completely new bike. The oops moments while I was getting to know the characteristics of the Busa were in the first couple sessions. I haven't looked at any more footage and I'll post if I find anything. Regardless, it is practically impossible to see what the bike is doing at all. One thing for certain is that the Busa rewards being smooth to get around gracefully. What I really need is to have another bike following/filming. I'm minutes from Laguna Seca, look me up if you ever are in the area for a track day

I was spinning them out of turns constantly which added up to some pucker up/high side powerslides! Compared to my 1k, I really had to set the rear tire before giving full throttle. But for OEM rubber, they handled great with plenty of warning before letting go. The best part of the entire trackday was how I could stay in 3rd gear the entire time. /QUOTE]

Believe but verify!

Photos and videos don't lie!
Tire photo shows no signs of excessive heat! No signs of any tire spinning on corner exits I could find in either video. Tire shows it had a nice easy day at the track. By the time you left, that place should have looked like the landing zone on runway 7 at Atlanta International airport and the tire under that kind of abuse would have been totally shagged and the tire is as smooth as a baby's a$$. Not one visible tire mark on any corner exit! :dunno:

Neither of the videos show any signs of tire spin. The throttle application was nice and smooth (Tire shows that as well) only a couple times did it sound as if you may have reached full throttle. For the most part your videos show you coasted up to the corner and gently added a little throttle. Not typical of a class A rider who can intentionally break the tire loose at will and not include a trip to the ER.

A fun filled day of the constant smell of burning rubber and power slides at triple digits in third gear armed with a helmet camera and not one caught on camera. How could that possibly happen? :shocked:

Fact or fiction? You decide!

Dookoo, nice videos, thank you. I would love to come out to the track and watch the Busa go around and around. Next time you are in my neck of the woods or going to the track, if work allows, it would be nice to meet a member of The ORG.

Stay safe.

Dookoo, nice videos, thank you. I would love to come out to the track and watch the Busa go around and around. Next time you are in my neck of the woods or going to the track, if work allows, it would be nice to meet a member of The ORG.

Stay safe.

How about you meet me there to try out a track day. Better yet you can sign up for one of my hometown race hero's Doug Chandler's riding course, who is a friend of mine. He is a previous world champion and excellent instructor. Otherwise, I'll be more than happy to introduce you to Stacey Wilson, owner of Letsridetrackday.com and I'll be happy to take you out on your first track day.

great video footage dookoo. someday i want to hit the track with the big girl up in laconia, n.h. right now i don't have the coin for a full leather suit at this point.

great video footage dookoo. someday i want to hit the track with the big girl up in laconia, n.h. right now i don't have the coin for a full leather suit at this point.

new enough has a sale on full suits right now

Back