Brakes

Knyght

Registered
OK so my 05 Busa has just under 1,500 miles on the clock and out of no where the front brake started squeaking on me whenever using it to stop. There's gotta be something I can do 'cause it's annoying the hell out of me. Anyone know what I can do?

Remove the pads & throughly clean the disks with brake cleaner, Then check the pads to see it they are glazed (which I am sure they will be). Get some sand paper & remove the glaze from the pads. Reassemble & probably do it again in a month or so!
biggrin.gif
This will usually cure it for a while, but it usually comes back. If it really bugs ya, buy new brake pads.
cool.gif

I just bought new brake pads. about 2000 miles ago and havent had the problem since. But i just started back riding

You might first just put the bike on a stand and use a air hose to blow out any brake dust from around the calipers and rotors.

Yeah... buy new pads! I also got suggested to the EBC break pads... I have ordered them, but not yet got them! I'll keep you posted about the performance once the pads arrive and get installed on Elenor!
wink.gif

Back