Brakes squeak after tires changed??

first vr4

Registered
My front brakes squeak after having the tires changed.
When I apply pressure to the front lever the squeel stops. I pulled the pads but I don't see anything wrong. Ater reinstalling the pads iy still sqeaks!!!
Anyone know where I should look next??

Thanks,
Shawn

How many miles on the pads and rotors
rock.gif

(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,16:06) I don't know how many miles on the pads. The rotors are stock.
How many miles on the bike ? What year ?

You can try cleaning the rotors with some brake cleaner. You can get some at any auto parts store...just spray some on a rag and wipe down the rotors.

With that many miles you should also have the rotors checked...minimum thickness is 4.5mm I believe.

I did clean the rotors with brake cleaner. Still the same. I'll measure the rotors. But the rotor thickness wouldn't cause the squeaking would it?

(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,16:22) I did clean the rotors with brake cleaner. Still the same. I'll measure the rotors. But the rotor thickness wouldn't cause the squeaking would it?
You may just need to put some miles on the bike...the pads leave some of the brake material on the rotors. This
is normal, by changing tires and cleaning the rotors everything is a bit out of sync. If they only concern is a squeak, but
the bike stops properly...give it a couple of hundred miles before you panic
tounge.gif

Is that right? 98000 not 9800? Wow, check rotor thickness. Probable only need to clean them with brake clean.

I had the same problem when I had to let a Honda stealership put a tire on the front. They were the only one that had a discontinued tire and I didn't want to buy a whole new set.

Check the torque on the axle. When I got mine home, the axle was WAYYYYYYYYYYY over tight and the pinch bolts were barely tight at all. I loosened everything and tightened to proper spec, the squeak went away.

Don

try sprayin some simple green up in your calipers and then hose them off...  had this problem with my pads previously and they just needed to be rinsed of brake dust
beerchug.gif

Back