Brake upgrade

Sorry the pic didnt come out, hopefully will help

thumbnail_IMG_0268.jpg

So increase the preload then but what would a permanent proper solution be? Springs or what?
Fork springs rated for your body weight including gear is a must.
I am 185+ lbs in gear, and I think the gen2 forks feel better with 7w oil instead of factory 5w oil, just a personal preference.
You can spend alot on valving and internal upgrades too, depending on your budget.
You have to change springs regardless, and the fork oil costs the same, no matter the weight.

So increase the preload then but what would a permanent proper solution be? Springs or what?
Add all the preload it will take. Proper solution is to change the springs to one that matches your weight and then add preload to reach proper sag levels. Might as well upgrade the valving and shim stack since you are in there. It will be a whole new beast after that.

Add all the preload it will take. Proper solution is to change the springs to one that matches your weight and then add preload to reach proper sag levels. Might as well upgrade the valving and shim stack since you are in there. It will be a whole new beast after that.
So am i looking for less lines or more on front preload adjuster? Stock is 5 lines showing

thumbnail_IMG_0437.jpg

Im reading this with interest

Guys, just got my Brembo master cyl RCS19 and remote reservoir, any tips on fitting and bleeding? Ill have lines made up when its all on the bike at my mates place one to each caliper. Also for road which ratio have people used as ther the one that applies the most pressure with least effort is prob a bit too trigger happy for the road.

Fill the MC and vacuum the fluid down to each caliper.
Or, fill a syringe(no needle) with fluid and push it up to the MC.
Then bleed, MC then calipers, then again until all the air is out.
That MC should have a bleeder, if not, open/close the MC brake line bolt and use it like a bleeder.
When done, pump the lever and zip-tie the lever to the bar overnight(wrap grip and lever in cardboard to prevent any damage).
Next day, bleed again.
Sitting for hours with the brakes applied will cause any air left to move to the ends of the line, and this way makes sure you get it all out.

Back