Brake Question

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so i upgraded all my pads about a month ago to The EBC HH Pads Now the rear ones since installing the HH pads has a squeal when  use the rear brakes but didnt when i had the oem pads on can someone shoot me some insight on how to stop this its annoying thanks. Keep in mind my bike is a 2007 And only has 1000 miles on it.

I saw no need for HH pads on the rear so I used Galfer pads and they work just fine. I've also read that HH pads can need up to 250 miles for proper breakin.

Pull the pads and coat the backs with permatex disc brake quiet.

And don't just lightly apply the brake, you might have a glazing condition, get on 'em a bit. Get it a bit warm. I have the full EBC HH set, and NO noise problems. My Galfer Greens were much noisier.

Did you properly "bed" them in before using complete pressure?

You would be surprised at the amount of people that do not know how to perform this simple, but essential task.
sadnews.gif

I noticed the first time I put the bike on stands to wash it, my front brakes were dragging a bit. They are brand new pads.
Is this common?

I just put EBC HH pads on the front and they make no more noise than the stockers did. There is a thread on here somewhere about the "proper" bedding proceedure, a search will bring it (and others too I'm sure) out.
Rear I don't know, I use the rear brake for a parking brake at stoplights and such so no need for HH pads there.

Back