Brake Problem ??

RacingRob

Registered
I just picked up a 2003 Busa with 22K on her.
The front and rear brake pads were replaced with EBC pads,, not sure what grade,,this past Summer.
My problem is, now that I have the bike up on stands ,I notice when I spin the front wheel you can hear and see that the brakes are dragging on the rotor. The rotors are in fine shape, and the front brake functions normally.
Suggestions?
Thanks!!
Rob

Is the wheel out of shape slightly and rubbing in certain areas or all the way around. Brakes do ride upon the rotors slightly, but if it barely moves after you spin it then i would be worried. If it moves smothly and comes gently to a stop i wouldnt worry about it to much.

It rubs equally all the way around the rotors.
If I give the wheel a spin,,it will make about one rotation before stopping.

Thanks,
Rob

you pushed the pucks back and that will put all the crap into the seals. clean the pucks or pistons whatever you want to call them

I didn't change the pads. I'm just assuming they were changed over the Summer by the dates on the recipts that came with the bike.
If I get a chance over the weekend, I'll pull the calipers and see what they look like.

Thanks,,
Rob

The pads will slightly ride on the rotors, if the wheel spins freely and is not being stopped by the brake pads then you are okay....If you are spinning the wheel and the pads are dragging enough to stop the wheel quickly then you have a problem....If you end up taking the calipers off, cleaning them and pushing the pucks back in....as soon as you hit the brakes again the pads will be right back on the rotors...it is all a matter of feel on whether they are dragging to much....Good luck

Back